google analytics and canonical links

NorbertHartl
I have added google analytics to my site. I configured
it to strip _s, _n and _k from the url. On every page
there is the canonical url embedded.
In my statistics there is sometimes still the link counter
of an url included so there appears

/blog?15=
/blog?13=

and so on.

Does anybody know how to get this right?

thanks,

Norbert

Re: google analytics and canonical links

Lukas Renggli
There is a tutorial at <http://www.piercms.com/doc/google-analytics>.
It removes all parameters, not just _s, _n and _k.

Cheers,
Lukas

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have added google analytics to my site. I configured
> it to strip _s, _n and _k from the url. On every page
> there is the canonical url embedded.
> In my statistics there is sometimes still the link counter
> of an url included so there appears
>
> /blog?15=
> /blog?13=
>
> and so on.
>
> Does anybody know how to get this right?
>
> thanks,
>
> Norbert

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 08:22 +0200, Lukas Renggli wrote:
> There is a tutorial at <http://www.piercms.com/doc/google-analytics>.
> It removes all parameters, not just _s, _n and _k.

thanks,

Norbert

> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I have added google analytics to my site. I configured
> > it to strip _s, _n and _k from the url. On every page
> > there is the canonical url embedded.
> > In my statistics there is sometimes still the link counter
> > of an url included so there appears
> >
> > /blog?15=
> > /blog?13=
> >
> > and so on.
> >
> > Does anybody know how to get this right?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Norbert

Re: google analytics and canonical links

NorbertHartl
On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 08:22 +0200, Lukas Renggli wrote:
> There is a tutorial at <http://www.piercms.com/doc/google-analytics>.
> It removes all parameters, not just _s, _n and _k.

You have a typo in the tutorial. The regex for easier copy-paste
is missing an escape

It should be

^([^?]*)\?.*$

instead of

^([^?]*)?.*$

In the screenshot it is right.

Norbert

> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I have added google analytics to my site. I configured
> > it to strip _s, _n and _k from the url. On every page
> > there is the canonical url embedded.
> > In my statistics there is sometimes still the link counter
> > of an url included so there appears
> >
> > /blog?15=
> > /blog?13=
> >
> > and so on.
> >
> > Does anybody know how to get this right?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Norbert

Re: google analytics and canonical links

Lukas Renggli
True, thanks for pointing out.

Cheers,
Lukas

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 08:22 +0200, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> There is a tutorial at <http://www.piercms.com/doc/google-analytics>.
>> It removes all parameters, not just _s, _n and _k.
>>
> You have a typo in the tutorial. The regex for easier copy-paste
> is missing an escape
>
> It should be
>
> ^([^?]*)\?.*$
>
> instead of
>
> ^([^?]*)?.*$
>
> In the screenshot it is right.
>
> Norbert
>
>> Cheers,
>> Lukas
>>
>> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I have added google analytics to my site. I configured
>> > it to strip _s, _n and _k from the url. On every page
>> > there is the canonical url embedded.
>> > In my statistics there is sometimes still the link counter
>> > of an url included so there appears
>> >
>> > /blog?15=
>> > /blog?13=
>> >
>> > and so on.
>> >
>> > Does anybody know how to get this right?
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> >
>> > Norbert

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch