grease-core extensions that exist in pharo 2.0

grease-core extensions that exist in pharo 2.0

Torsten Bergmann
>Yes, it's a bit confusing that ConfigurationOfSeaside30 loads Seaside 3.1.

Yes and it does not work in Pharo 2.0 due to loading OB (no version found for ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser

Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'Seaside31';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
  load.
  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30 ) project version: '3.1.0') load

Do we need OmniBrowser? Also version "3.1.0-adaptors" uses KomHttpServer ofr all #pharo.
Shouldnt it be "Zinc Server" for Pharo 2.0? See http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2013-March/029504.html

Bye
T.

Re: grease-core extensions that exist in pharo 2.0

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Torsten,

Oh, I see that you were faster.

What next?

Cheers,
Doru

On Mar 19, 2013, at 6:53 AM, "Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Yes, it's a bit confusing that ConfigurationOfSeaside30 loads Seaside 3.1.
>
> Yes and it does not work in Pharo 2.0 due to loading OB (no version found for ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser
>
> Gofer it
>  squeaksource: 'Seaside31';
>  package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>  load.
>  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30 ) project version: '3.1.0') load
>

> Do we need OmniBrowser? Also version "3.1.0-adaptors" uses KomHttpServer ofr all #pharo.
> Shouldnt it be "Zinc Server" for Pharo 2.0? See http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2013-March/029504.html
>
> Bye
> T.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Innovation comes in the least expected form.
That is, if it is expected, it already happened."

Re: grease-core extensions that exist in pharo 2.0

stephane ducasse
Why not renaming it :)

Stef

On Mar 19, 2013, at 6:53 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Yes, it's a bit confusing that ConfigurationOfSeaside30 loads Seaside 3.1.
>
> Yes and it does not work in Pharo 2.0 due to loading OB (no version found for ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser
>
> Gofer it
>  squeaksource: 'Seaside31';
>  package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>  load.
>  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30 ) project version: '3.1.0') load
>

> Do we need OmniBrowser? Also version "3.1.0-adaptors" uses KomHttpServer ofr all #pharo.
> Shouldnt it be "Zinc Server" for Pharo 2.0? See http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2013-March/029504.html
>
> Bye
> T.

Re: grease-core extensions that exist in pharo 2.0

EstebanLM
yes, OB is not present in pharo anymore, and most probably it will not load out of the box... anyway, OB is just needed for the seaside control panel, and we can live without him, I think :)

Esteban

On Mar 19, 2013, at 6:53 AM, "Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Yes, it's a bit confusing that ConfigurationOfSeaside30 loads Seaside 3.1.
>
> Yes and it does not work in Pharo 2.0 due to loading OB (no version found for ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser
>
> Gofer it
>  squeaksource: 'Seaside31';
>  package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>  load.
>  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30 ) project version: '3.1.0') load
>

> Do we need OmniBrowser? Also version "3.1.0-adaptors" uses KomHttpServer ofr all #pharo.
> Shouldnt it be "Zinc Server" for Pharo 2.0? See http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2013-March/029504.html
>
> Bye
> T.

Re: grease-core extensions that exist in pharo 2.0

jtuchel
Esteban,

the seaside control panel is part of the documentation of seaside. So it
is probably not the best idea to live without it or a replacement of it.
Having used Seaside on a platform that misses part of what vanilla
Seaside offers, and having tought Seaside to some Smalltalkers on that
platform, I must say that this is not really a good idea. I must admit
that what is missing on that platform is a lot more essential to the
seaside documentation (Continuations and WATask), but nevertheless, a
missing component that is mentioned in your learning material can be
irritating and makes the learning curve more steep.

So this is not so much about OB and its inclusion in Pharo, but about
the Seaside Control Panel ;-) I just wanted to brinig this argument to
your attention. There should be some replacement for the Seaside Control
Panel in Pharo...

Joachim

Am 19.03.13 10:57, schrieb Esteban Lorenzano:

> yes, OB is not present in pharo anymore, and most probably it will not load out of the box... anyway, OB is just needed for the seaside control panel, and we can live without him, I think :)
>
> Esteban
>
> On Mar 19, 2013, at 6:53 AM, "Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> Yes, it's a bit confusing that ConfigurationOfSeaside30 loads Seaside 3.1.
>> Yes and it does not work in Pharo 2.0 due to loading OB (no version found for ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser
>>
>> Gofer it
>>   squeaksource: 'Seaside31';
>>   package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>   load.
>>   ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30 ) project version: '3.1.0') load
>>

>> Do we need OmniBrowser? Also version "3.1.0-adaptors" uses KomHttpServer ofr all #pharo.
>> Shouldnt it be "Zinc Server" for Pharo 2.0? See http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2013-March/029504.html
>>
>> Bye
>> T.

Re: grease-core extensions that exist in pharo 2.0

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 19 Mar 2013, at 11:53, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So this is not so much about OB and its inclusion in Pharo, but about the Seaside Control Panel ;-) I just wanted to brinig this argument to your attention. There should be some replacement for the Seaside Control Panel in Pharo...

I believe Philippe just said that there exists a spec based replacement somewhere.

If it is somewhat similar to the original that would be good enough with respect to the documentation, IMO.

Sven

Re: grease-core extensions that exist in pharo 2.0

jtuchel
Good! Then I can sleep a bit better again ;-)
Although "somewhere" will hopefully soon be part of the "official
Seaside Version" for Pharo 2.0.

Am 19.03.13 12:01, schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe:

> On 19 Mar 2013, at 11:53, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> So this is not so much about OB and its inclusion in Pharo, but about the Seaside Control Panel ;-) I just wanted to brinig this argument to your attention. There should be some replacement for the Seaside Control Panel in Pharo...
> I believe Philippe just said that there exists a spec based replacement somewhere.
>
> If it is somewhat similar to the original that would be good enough with respect to the documentation, IMO.
>
> Sven

Re: grease-core extensions that exist in pharo 2.0

Philippe Marschall
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 6:53 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>Yes, it's a bit confusing that ConfigurationOfSeaside30 loads Seaside 3.1.
>
> Yes and it does not work in Pharo 2.0 due to loading OB (no version found for ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser
>
> Gofer it
>   squeaksource: 'Seaside31';
>   package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>   load.
>   ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30 ) project version: '3.1.0') load
>

> Do we need OmniBrowser? Also version "3.1.0-adaptors" uses KomHttpServer ofr all #pharo.
> Shouldnt it be "Zinc Server" for Pharo 2.0? See http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2013-March/029504.html

This shouldn't have happened, you should have gotten Zinc and the Spec UI.

Cheers
Philippe