greaseString on ScaledDecimal

HilaireFernandes
Hello,

-10.00s2 greaseString produce an unexpected 10.00, without the - sign.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: greaseString on ScaledDecimal

HilaireFernandes
Le 23/05/2015 11:32, Hilaire a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> -10.00s2 greaseString produce an unexpected 10.00, without the - sign.
>
> Hilaire

On Pharo 3.0, looks like this change is needed to get the sign:

ScaledDecimal>>greaseString
    | converter |
    converter := GRSignPrinter new, (GRNumberPrinter new precision: self
scale).
    ^ converter print: self

The it works:
 -10.00s2 greaseString
 => '-10.00'

In which repo should it be pushed?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu
http://google.com/+DrgeoEu

Re: greaseString on ScaledDecimal

Philippe Marschall
On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 23/05/2015 11:32, Hilaire a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> -10.00s2 greaseString produce an unexpected 10.00, without the - sign.
>>
>> Hilaire
>>

> On Pharo 3.0, looks like this change is needed to get the sign:
>
> ScaledDecimal>>greaseString
>     | converter |
>     converter := GRSignPrinter new, (GRNumberPrinter new precision: self
> scale).
>     ^ converter print: self
>
> The it works:
>  -10.00s2 greaseString
>  => '-10.00'
>
> In which repo should it be pushed?

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Seaside/Seaside31

I don't know where you should report the issue
https://code.google.com/p/seaside/ redirects to
https://github.com/seasidest/googlecode-seaside-export.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: greaseString on ScaledDecimal

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Hilaire,

Thanks for spotting this.
I made your ticket and committed your code already

I don't know where you should report the issue
https://code.google.com/p/seaside/ redirects to
https://github.com/seasidest/googlecode-seaside-export.

Sorry about that one. This should be fixed now.

Please report issues for Grease on:

Please report issues for Seaside on:

I’m adapting the website with this info now.

Johan

Re: greaseString on ScaledDecimal

Dale Henrichs-3
Johan,

Do you think that https://github.com/SeasideSt should be used for the GsDevKit code as well? Or do you think we should fork https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside? Or is it too soon to share:)

Dale

On 05/25/2015 12:08 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:
Hi Hilaire,

Thanks for spotting this.
I made your ticket and committed your code already

I don't know where you should report the issue
https://code.google.com/p/seaside/ redirects to
https://github.com/seasidest/googlecode-seaside-export.

Sorry about that one. This should be fixed now.

Please report issues for Grease on:

Please report issues for Seaside on:

I’m adapting the website with this info now.

Johan

Re: greaseString on ScaledDecimal

Johan Brichau-2
Hey Dale,

Creating a fork will be the way to go. I think it’s clearer to follow the same pattern everywhere.
I intend this to be applicable for Seaside 3.2 and beyond.

My intention is to get Seaside 3.2 for Gemstone working by ESUG. For that, I will start from the Seaside31 repo on GsDevKit and merge in the changes from Seaside3.2

I’m more puzzled on how to approach Grease. The https://github.com/SeasideSt/Grease repo works for all platforms and ideally the GsDevKit repo is a fork of this one, but that will disturb a lot of Metacello loads… so I think I will not touch that one for now.

Johan

On 06/02/2015 12:00 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:
Hey Dale,

Creating a fork will be the way to go. I think it’s clearer to follow the same pattern everywhere.
I intend this to be applicable for Seaside 3.2 and beyond.
Makes sense ...

My intention is to get Seaside 3.2 for Gemstone working by ESUG. For that, I will start from the Seaside31 repo on GsDevKit and merge in the changes from Seaside3.2
Let me know if there's anything you need help with .. I'd like to help where I can, but I don't want to get in your way ... at a minimum, I will make sure that this works in GemStone3.3 when it's ready enough for that ...

I’m more puzzled on how to approach Grease. The https://github.com/SeasideSt/Grease repo works for all platforms and ideally the GsDevKit repo is a fork of this one, but that will disturb a lot of Metacello loads… so I think I will not touch that one for now.

Are there differences between the two in terms of packaging/structure? Or is mainly the comit stream that you are thinking of?

Dale

On 15 Jun 2015, at 20:13, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

Are there differences between the two in terms of packaging/structure? Or is mainly the comit stream that you are thinking of?

The commit stream and the Metacello load conflicts for everyone.
There are no package differences (at least there should not be any) as the repositories for Grease are all the same. However, manually keeping track of changes to both the Smalltalkhub repo and the GsDevKit one, is not an option in the long run either.

Johan

Re: greaseString on ScaledDecimal

Johan Brichau-2
Hm, yes, and I just realized that Metacello is not going to complain if the new repository has an identical name, so that’s not an issue.

So probably this is all quite feasible.
I’ll concentrate on Seaside 3.2 first though.

Johan

On 15 Jun 2015, at 20:47, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

There is probably a way to merge the commits between the two repos and let the SeasideSt/Grease project take precedence  ...

Dale

On 06/15/2015 11:17 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:

On 15 Jun 2015, at 20:13, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

Are there differences between the two in terms of packaging/structure? Or is mainly the comit stream that you are thinking of?

The commit stream and the Metacello load conflicts for everyone.
There are no package differences (at least there should not be any) as the repositories for Grease are all the same. However, manually keeping track of changes to both the Smalltalkhub repo and the GsDevKit one, is not an option in the long run either.

Johan

Re: greaseString on ScaledDecimal

Dale Henrichs-3
Johan,

I think a better solution would be to merge the changes for SeasideSt/Grease into GsDevKit/Grease ... then move the GsDevKit/Grease project to SeasideSt/Grease, then fork SeasideSt/Grease on GsDevKit ....

This would avoid any conflicts for the GsDevKit/Grease users and then make the SeasideSt/Grease project the master project ...

We did a similar move when we moved projecs from glassdb to GsDevKit ...

Presumably there aren't a lot of SeasideSt/Grease users at the moment?

Dale

On 6/15/15 11:47 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
There is probably a way to merge the commits between the two repos and let the SeasideSt/Grease project take precedence  ...

Dale

On 06/15/2015 11:17 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:

On 15 Jun 2015, at 20:13, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

Are there differences between the two in terms of packaging/structure? Or is mainly the comit stream that you are thinking of?

The commit stream and the Metacello load conflicts for everyone.
There are no package differences (at least there should not be any) as the repositories for Grease are all the same. However, manually keeping track of changes to both the Smalltalkhub repo and the GsDevKit one, is not an option in the long run either.

Johan

Re: greaseString on ScaledDecimal

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Dale,

fyi: I just did the ‘swap’ you mentioned.

I propose to keep the code for Gemstone in the master branch and just keep working as before (i.e. all platforms that were tested will remain tested on SeasideSt/Grease).
The only difference for now is that GsDevKit will have to synchronize its fork when Grease moves forward.

Johan

On 16 Jun 2015, at 11:17, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 8:13 PM, Dale Henrichs
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/02/2015 12:00 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:
>
> Hey Dale,
>
> Creating a fork will be the way to go. I think it’s clearer to follow the
> same pattern everywhere.
> I intend this to be applicable for Seaside 3.2 and beyond.
>
> Makes sense ...
>

> My intention is to get Seaside 3.2 for Gemstone working by ESUG. For that, I
> will start from the Seaside31 repo on GsDevKit and merge in the changes from
> Seaside3.2
>
> Let me know if there's anything you need help with .. I'd like to help where
> I can, but I don't want to get in your way ... at a minimum, I will make
> sure that this works in GemStone3.3 when it's ready enough for that ...

Just to give you an advance notice, I merged the following:

https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/262
https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/820

#820 should simplify several things in GemStone/S, #262 will probably
need changes. In theory WACache should specify the whole protocol and
WADictionaryCache is an implementation that doesn't do any reaping.
Likely GemStone/S would profit from something more sophisticated.
Stuff will likely be broken for the whole week.

Cheers
Philippe

On 07/12/2015 07:26 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 8:13 PM, Dale Henrichs
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 06/02/2015 12:00 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:
>>
>> Hey Dale,
>>
>> Creating a fork will be the way to go. I think it’s clearer to follow the
>> same pattern everywhere.
>> I intend this to be applicable for Seaside 3.2 and beyond.
>>
>> Makes sense ...
>>

>> My intention is to get Seaside 3.2 for Gemstone working by ESUG. For that, I
>> will start from the Seaside31 repo on GsDevKit and merge in the changes from
>> Seaside3.2
>>
>> Let me know if there's anything you need help with .. I'd like to help where
>> I can, but I don't want to get in your way ... at a minimum, I will make
>> sure that this works in GemStone3.3 when it's ready enough for that ...
> Just to give you an advance notice, I merged the following:
>
> https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/262
> https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/820
>
> #820 should simplify several things in GemStone/S, #262 will probably
> need changes. In theory WACache should specify the whole protocol and
> WADictionaryCache is an implementation that doesn't do any reaping.
> Likely GemStone/S would profit from something more sophisticated.
> Stuff will likely be broken for the whole week.

Cool ... I've started watching the SeasideSt/Seaside repo, but just in
case I miss the ultimate checkin, let me know ...

I've got some things in the hopper for Seaside and GemStone/S 3.3[1] .
The current work is being done in 3.2, but I think 3.3 will be more
appropriate and I can piggy back the adaptation of your work for
GemStone/S with the integration of my new work ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/Seaside31/tree/no_tranlogging

Re: greaseString on ScaledDecimal

Philippe Marschall
On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 7:07 PM, Dale Henrichs
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 07/12/2015 07:26 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>>> Let me know if there's anything you need help with .. I'd like to help
>>> where
>>> I can, but I don't want to get in your way ... at a minimum, I will make
>>> sure that this works in GemStone3.3 when it's ready enough for that ...
>>
>> Just to give you an advance notice, I merged the following:
>>
>> https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/262
>> https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/820
>>
>> #820 should simplify several things in GemStone/S, #262 will probably
>> need changes. In theory WACache should specify the whole protocol and
>> WADictionaryCache is an implementation that doesn't do any reaping.
>> Likely GemStone/S would profit from something more sophisticated.
>> Stuff will likely be broken for the whole week.
>>
> Cool ... I've started watching the SeasideSt/Seaside repo, but just in case
> I miss the ultimate checkin, let me know ...
>
> I've got some things in the hopper for Seaside and GemStone/S 3.3[1] . The
> current work is being done in 3.2, but I think 3.3 will be more appropriate
> and I can piggy back the adaptation of your work for GemStone/S with the
> integration of my new work ...

So I just committed WABulkReapingCache. It's intended a session cache
for GemStone/S. It's a wrapper around an RcDictionary. It doesn't do
any on access reaping, it only reaps in #reap which is supposed to be
called by a background process.
I still need to figure out how to plug it in and remove the mutex.

Cheers
Philippe