gs64ldi service not found

Gemstone/S mailing list
I am trying to connect remotely to a PC with Windows Ubuntu.
I have edited the services file both in Ubuntu and Windows.

When connecting in Jade with the GUI, I have to specify the port number instead of the gs64ldi name.
        With gs64ldi, I get an error « service not found ».

How should I modify the parameters in the VW client to specify the port number ?

Best regards

Annick Fron

Re: gs64ldi service not found

Gemstone/S mailing list
Just to follow-up on Annick’s description…

The following login works from Jade (with a port number specified in the NetLDI field).

But the following does not work from VW when the NRS string has a port number rather than a name:

This gives an error: “Unable to create a session … service not found on [client host] service ‘gs64ldi’.” What I don’t understand is why VW-GBS is trying to lookup gs64ldi. Haven’t we asked it to use 50377?

James

On Oct 29, 2018, at 8:54 AM, Annick Fron via GemStone-Smalltalk <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am trying to connect remotely to a PC with Windows Ubuntu.
I have edited the services file both in Ubuntu and Windows.

When connecting in Jade with the GUI, I have to specify the port number instead of the gs64ldi name.
With gs64ldi, I get an error « service not found ».

How should I modify the parameters in the VW client to specify the port number ?

Best regards

Annick Fron

Re: gs64ldi service not found

Gemstone/S mailing list
I suspect you are right! Since Jade breaks up these fields I’m rusty on spotting NRS issues.

James

On Oct 29, 2018, at 10:06 AM, Richard Sargent <[hidden email]> wrote:

There appears to be an extraneous ! in the GBS dialogue box. !@port-fron! ...

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 9:55 AM, James Foster via GemStone-Smalltalk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just to follow-up on Annick’s description…

The following login works from Jade (with a port number specified in the NetLDI field).

<Jadelogin.png>

But the following does not work from VW when the NRS string has a port number rather than a name:

<dljbjoapbgakjieg.png>