gsDevKitHome -----> GsDevKit_home

GLASS mailing list
I've been hinting at the imminent release of GsDevKit_home (and tODE)
for a couple of weeks now and while I'm not quite ready to pull the
trigger on the release, I _am_ getting very close to looking for some
early adopters who are willing to take GsDevKit_home for a spin.

Buuut before I do that I want to button up GsDevKitHome and tODE for
those of you who are using both the master branch and dev branch of
GsDevKitHome so that I can start publishing the latest releases for tODE
on the master branch.

My plan is to merge the gsDevKitHome and tODE dev branches into the
respective master branches without disturbing those of you using the dev
and master branches of gsDevKitHome. In order to do that I need you to
change the definition of the project entry in your stones. I've included
instructions for updating the project entries at the bottom of this
message. If you are not in the habit of updating to the latest version
of gsDevKitHome and tODE, then you shouldn't have to do anything special
- although to be safe it wouldn't hurt for you to change the project
entry anyway.

If you have local clones of the tODE project, then the next time you do
a `git pull` from github, you will want to use either the tag v0.0.4 for
master branch users or the tag v0.1.0-dev (or v0.1.0 after I finish
merge) for dev branch users.

It is worth noting that the new GsDevKit_home will give you several
options for accommodating stones created with gsDevKitHome (both master
and dev branches) so that you can start using GsDevKit_home while
continuing to use and manage the older stones.

I plan to do a bit more testing tomorrow (Monday) and do the
GsDevKitHome and tODE merges when things look clean.

If you have any conerns, let me know ASAP ...
Dale

Tode project entry update instructions
--------------------------------

To edit the Tode project entry bring up a `project list`, select the
`Tode` project, then select the "Browse  >> project entry" menu item.
After pasting in the correct code, use the "accept" menu item to save
your changes to disk.

Project entry, if you are on the master branch:

   | project |
   project := TDProjectSpecEntryDefinition new
     baseline: 'Tode'
       repository: 'github://dalehenrich/tode:v0.0.4/repository'
       loads: 'GemStone Dev';
     status: #(#'active');
     yourself.
   ^ project

Project entry, if you are on the dev branch:

   | project |
   project := TDProjectSpecEntryDefinition new
     baseline: 'Tode'
       repository: 'github://dalehenrich/tode:v0.1.?/repository'
       loads: 'GemStone Dev';
     status: #(#'inactive');
     locked: true;
     yourself.
   ^ project

If you are on the dev branch and the Tode project entry is locked (it is
by default), then you will need to unregister the project ("Project >>
unregister") before loading for the new project entry to take effect
(I've got to fix this bug:)

Re: gsDevKitHome -----> GsDevKit_home

GLASS mailing list
The deeds have been done:

   gsDevKtHome v0.0.4 - marks commit formerly known as "master branch"
   gsDevKitHome v0.1.0 - marks commit formerly known as "dev branch"

   tODE v0.0.4 - marks commit used by gsDevKitHome v0.0.4
   tODE v0.1.0 - marks commit used by gsDevKitHome v0.1.0

   tODE v0.2.0 - marks first commit that will be used by GsDevKit_home.

Pull Request #222[1] describes the work done between tODE v0.1.0 and v0.2.0.

I've got a little more work to do in GsDevKit_home ... main task is
porting the gsDevKitHome tests to GsDevKit_home, then I'll be ready for
volunteers:)

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/tode/pull/222