gst-remote with -I and -f

Holger Freyther
Hi Paolo,

two more packaging related issues. For one project I am creating
a ready to go image and I have a start script that intended to do:

$ gst-remote -f start.st -I base.img.
gst-remote server started.
gst-remote: error at line 259: Undefined variable 'SomeNameSpace.App' referenced.

$ cat start.st
PackageLoader fileInPackage: #SomeApp.

Eval [
  SomeNameSpace at: #App put: SomeNameSpace.App new.
  SomeNameSpace.App start: params
]

So first of all the line number is not right, second I don't understand
why it doesn't know the namespace. When I use gst instead of gst-remote it does
execute (and terminate). So right now I am now using -e 'FileStream fileIn'
to workaround that. Would you know why the line number is wrong and if -f
should work for gst-remote?

thanks
        holger

Re: gst-remote with -I and -f

Paolo Bonzini-2
Il 27/11/2012 15:50, Holger Hans Peter Freyther ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> two more packaging related issues. For one project I am creating
> a ready to go image and I have a start script that intended to do:
>
> $ gst-remote -f start.st -I base.img.
> gst-remote server started.
> gst-remote: error at line 259: Undefined variable 'SomeNameSpace.App' referenced.

Do you have any file that is ~256 lines in length?

> $ cat start.st
> PackageLoader fileInPackage: #SomeApp.
>
> Eval [
>   SomeNameSpace at: #App put: SomeNameSpace.App new.
>   SomeNameSpace.App start: params
> ]
>
> So first of all the line number is not right, second I don't understand
> why it doesn't know the namespace. When I use gst instead of gst-remote it does
> execute (and terminate). So right now I am now using -e 'FileStream fileIn'
> to workaround that. Would you know why the line number is wrong and if -f
> should work for gst-remote?

It should, this is a bug in the parser.

Can you reproduce it with one of the "stock" packages?  Hopefully a
smaller one?

Paolo

Re: gst-remote with -I and -f

Holger Freyther
On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 03:20:40PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Do you have any file that is ~256 lines in length?

Indeed in the attached example the file is 116 bytes, the error
is in line 117.

> It should, this is a bug in the parser.
>
> Can you reproduce it with one of the "stock" packages?  Hopefully a
> smaller one?

echo "PackageLoader fileInPackage: #Iconv.
Eval [
        I18N at: #FOO put: I18N.InvalidSequenceError new.
        I18N.FOO inspect.
]" > start.st

gst-remote --server -f start.st -I foo.img
gst-remote server started.
gst-remote: error at line 117: Undefined variable 'I18N.FOO' referenced.

this is with 3.2.4+git

holger