classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

gtplayground

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I worked a bit on different implementation for the workspace, and the result can be found in the GTPlayground.

It has two distinct features:

1. It is essentially an inspector. So, if you press Cmd+o, you start the regular inspector. This means that you can easily use it as an easel or an editor. For example, attached you can see how to use it to simulate a Roassal2 Easel for it.

Inline image 1

Of course, you can spawn multiple columns to the right just like in the normal inspector.

2. It offers versioning. As soon as you close a playground, the code is stored and you can retrieve it from the dropdown menu from the top right.

You can find it in the Moose image. At this point it is not installed by default because it still requires you to define the variables (so the neat functionality of defining variables dynamically from the default workspace is not yet available). Nevertheless, you can install it by executing:
GTPlayground registerToolsOn: Smalltalk tools

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: gtplayground

Tudor Girba-2
I forgot to mention: the implementation is 68 lines of code :)

Doru

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I worked a bit on different implementation for the workspace, and the result can be found in the GTPlayground.

1. It is essentially an inspector. So, if you press Cmd+o, you start the regular inspector. This means that you can easily use it as an easel or an editor. For example, attached you can see how to use it to simulate a Roassal2 Easel for it.

Inline image 1

Of course, you can spawn multiple columns to the right just like in the normal inspector.

2. It offers versioning. As soon as you close a playground, the code is stored and you can retrieve it from the dropdown menu from the top right.

You can find it in the Moose image. At this point it is not installed by default because it still requires you to define the variables (so the neat functionality of defining variables dynamically from the default workspace is not yet available). Nevertheless, you can install it by executing:

Cheers,
Doru

--

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Richard Wettel-3
In reply to this post by Tudor Girba-2
Can't get much cooler than that!
Ricky

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

<Playground-roassal2.png>

Cheers,
Doru

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Usman Bhatti
In reply to this post by Tudor Girba-2

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Inline image 1

I hope this keeps a record of all the snippets and not just the last few.
So definitely looking forward to have the tool in the moose image.

Cheers,
Doru

--