halt in TTFontReader >>processCompositeGlyph:contours:from:

halt in TTFontReader >>processCompositeGlyph:contours:from:

cdelaunay
Hello,

There is a 'self halt' in the code of TTFontReader >>processCompositeGlyph:contours:from:.
Therefore, when I try to import a font from a file, for example by evaluating:

TTFontDescription addFromTTFile: FileDirectory default fullName, '/Fonts/DejaVu/DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf'

the execution is stoped by this halt (And I don't know why).
Now, when I remove the 'self halt', all seems to work correctly.

Re: halt in TTFontReader >>processCompositeGlyph:contours:from:

Stéphane Ducasse
can you enter a bug entry report?
On May 20, 2010, at 2:11 PM, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There is a 'self halt' in the code of TTFontReader >>processCompositeGlyph:contours:from:.
> Therefore, when I try to import a font from a file, for example by evaluating:
>
>      TTFontDescription addFromTTFile: FileDirectory default fullName, '/Fonts/DejaVu/DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf'
>
> the execution is stoped by this halt (And I don't know why).
> Now, when I remove the 'self halt', all seems to work correctly.

Re: halt in TTFontReader >>processCompositeGlyph:contours:from:

Henrik Sperre Johansen
On May 20, 2010, at 2:11 48PM, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

Hello,

There is a 'self halt' in the code of TTFontReader >>processCompositeGlyph:contours:from:.
Therefore, when I try to import a font from a file, for example by evaluating:

TTFontDescription addFromTTFile: FileDirectory default fullName, '/Fonts/DejaVu/DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf'

the execution is stoped by this halt (And I don't know why).
Now, when I remove the 'self halt', all seems to work correctly.

The halt is in

((flags bitAnd: 2) = 2) ifFalse:[self halt].

From the spec at http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/glyf.htm , under Composite Glyph Description the flags are described :

ARGS_ARE_XY_VALUES1If this is set, the arguments are xy values; otherwise, they are points.

So, it's probably an indication that reading the values as points is not supported.

Cheers,
Henry

Re: halt in TTFontReader >>processCompositeGlyph:contours:from:

Mariano Martinez Peck

From the spec at http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/glyf.htm , under Composite Glyph Description the flags are described :

ARGS_ARE_XY_VALUES1 If this is set, the arguments are xy values; otherwise, they are points.

So, it's probably an indication that reading the values as points is not supported.

great. In such case we should write:

((flags bitAnd: 2) = 2) ifFalse:[self error: 'Reading the values as points is not supported'].

:)

Cheers

Mariano

Cheers,