head attributes

muraiki
Hi all! Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm having trouble figuring out how to set head attributes such as viewport. I tried something like:

anHtmlRoot attributeAt: 'viewport' put: 'width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0'

But this doesn't work at all. I also read on the Seaside manual about headAttributes and I tried using the Find function in Smalltalk to search for relevant code, but I couldn't really find anything useful for headAttributes.

I'm new to Smalltalk and Seaside so any help that you could offer would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Re: head attributes

Bob Arning-2
something like this on your session:

updateRoot: anHtmlRoot

    super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.

    anHtmlRoot title: 'blah'.
    anHtmlRoot meta
        name: 'viewport';
        content: 'initial-scale = 1.0, user-scalable = no';
        yourself.
    anHtmlRoot meta
        name: 'apple-mobile-web-app-capable';
        content: 'yes';
        yourself.
    anHtmlRoot meta
        name: 'apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style';
        content: 'black';
        yourself.

On 7/22/13 8:45 PM, Erik Ferguson wrote:
Hi all! Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm having trouble figuring out how to set head attributes such as viewport. I tried something like:

anHtmlRoot attributeAt: 'viewport' put: 'width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0'

But this doesn't work at all. I also read on the Seaside manual about headAttributes and I tried using the Find function in Smalltalk to search for relevant code, but I couldn't really find anything useful for headAttributes.

I'm new to Smalltalk and Seaside so any help that you could offer would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Re: head attributes

Paul DeBruicker
In your #updateRoot: method do this:

        anHtmlRoot meta
                name: 'viewport';
                content: 'width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0'.

On 07/22/2013 05:45 PM, Erik Ferguson wrote:

> Hi all! Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm having trouble figuring
> out how to set head attributes such as viewport. I tried something like:
>
> anHtmlRoot attributeAt: 'viewport' put: 'width=device-width,
> initial-scale=1.0'
>
> But this doesn't work at all. I also read on the Seaside manual about
> headAttributes and I tried using the Find function in Smalltalk to
> search for relevant code, but I couldn't really find anything useful for
> headAttributes.
>
> I'm new to Smalltalk and Seaside so any help that you could offer would
> be most appreciated. Thank you!

Re: head attributes

muraiki
Thanks Bob and Paul, that did it!