help after restore

Juan-2
folks

After making a large restore to gemstone pharo client give me this message,
Symbol creation not allowed because ''stone is in RestoreFromLog state'' symbol value ''load:group:

any ideas?
best
MDC

Re: help after restore

Dale Henrichs
Ralph,

The GemTools 'restore from backup' command is supposed to do the commitRestore at the right spot, but if there are other errors during the restore, the 'restore from backup automaton' will get confused:)

So, Juan,

There should be other clues as to what caused the restore to fail...stone.log, gemtools image transcript and log file of the gemtools client (there may be several log gem logs that could apply).

Depending upon the error that occurred you might be able to "save the restore" by logging in with a topaz session and finishing the restore process manually, the steps to be followed depend upon where the error occurred, but looking at the logs and reading the manual should give you enough information, if not feel free to send the logs to this list ...

If you want to try the restore again, you need to stop the stone, copy in a fresh seaside extent and restart the stone, there is no need to upgrade the repository as the restore from backup command is all that is needed ...

Dale