help for packaging change sets

Paolo-2
I am looking for help in building a package out of a few changesets I have
used to port PetitParser.
I really never used changests - sorry but it is very true - and I am not
able to merge together a few of them.
What I have, listed in loading order, is

        Install-PetitParser-pmon.1.cs (*)
        Install-PetitTests-pmon.1.cs
        UnsavedChangesTo-PetitParser-pmon.1.cs (*)
        UnsavedChangesTo-PetitTests-pmon.1.cs
        1292-CuisCore-Paolo-2012Jun01-00h27m-pmon.1.cs (*)
        1293-CuisCore-Paolo-2012Jun01-22h21m-pmon.1.cs (*)

Tests can be packaged in .pkg file and I can take care of them by myself
but the files marked with (*) do include methods outside of the
PetitParser package itself.

Can someone point me to the best approach is merging these changesets?
thanks

--
Paolo

Re: help for packaging change sets

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Paolo,

To specify what goes into a Package you use class and method categories.
Check http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/CodeManagementInCuis4.html and
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3329 . It is the same way as done by
Monticello in Squeak and Pharo. You don't need to add code to the package
in an explicit way.

Then open the "Installed Packages" tool. From there you can browse the
package contents to check that the stuff is there. You can save the
package to a file with one click.

One remark: try to avoid overriding core methods by all means. Overrides
are _always_ a problem.

Cheers,
Juan

> I am looking for help in building a package out of a few changesets I have
> used to port PetitParser.
> I really never used changests - sorry but it is very true - and I am not
> able to merge together a few of them.
> What I have, listed in loading order, is
>
> Install-PetitParser-pmon.1.cs (*)
> Install-PetitTests-pmon.1.cs
> UnsavedChangesTo-PetitParser-pmon.1.cs (*)
> UnsavedChangesTo-PetitTests-pmon.1.cs
> 1292-CuisCore-Paolo-2012Jun01-00h27m-pmon.1.cs (*)
> 1293-CuisCore-Paolo-2012Jun01-22h21m-pmon.1.cs (*)
>
> Tests can be packaged in .pkg file and I can take care of them by myself
> but the files marked with (*) do include methods outside of the
> PetitParser package itself.
>
> Can someone point me to the best approach is merging these changesets?
> thanks
>
> --
> Paolo

Re: help for packaging change sets

Paolo-2
Thanks Juan, my attempt to rename the packages with the Cuis- prefix was
preventing the "magic" to happen.
I stick with the original package names because of new methods to be added
to core classes, there are no overrides anyway.

PetitParser port can be found in https://github.com/pmon/Cuis-PetitParser .

Thanks again

In data 02 giugno 2012 alle ore 14:30:18, <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi Paolo,
>
> To specify what goes into a Package you use class and method categories.
> Check http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/CodeManagementInCuis4.html and
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3329 . It is the same way as done by
> Monticello in Squeak and Pharo. You don't need to add code to the package
> in an explicit way.
>
> Then open the "Installed Packages" tool. From there you can browse the
> package contents to check that the stuff is there. You can save the
> package to a file with one click.
>
> One remark: try to avoid overriding core methods by all means. Overrides
> are _always_ a problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan
>
>> I am looking for help in building a package out of a few changesets I
>> have
>> used to port PetitParser.
>> I really never used changests - sorry but it is very true - and I am not
>> able to merge together a few of them.
>> What I have, listed in loading order, is
>>
>> Install-PetitParser-pmon.1.cs (*)
>> Install-PetitTests-pmon.1.cs
>> UnsavedChangesTo-PetitParser-pmon.1.cs (*)
>> UnsavedChangesTo-PetitTests-pmon.1.cs
>> 1292-CuisCore-Paolo-2012Jun01-00h27m-pmon.1.cs (*)
>> 1293-CuisCore-Paolo-2012Jun01-22h21m-pmon.1.cs (*)
>>
>> Tests can be packaged in .pkg file and I can take care of them by myself
>> but the files marked with (*) do include methods outside of the
>> PetitParser package itself.
>>
>> Can someone point me to the best approach is merging these changesets?
>> thanks
>>
>> --
>> Paolo

Paolo