help on how to have call: using parent area on the browser

help on how to have call: using parent area on the browser

Giorgio Ferraris

Hi,

I’m just starting to use seaside, and I have problems finding information for doing a simple thing: I have a component called on the rendering phase. If I have a callback calling another component, this one will replace the caller, using the same area on the browser.

I would like to have it to use the area of the parent of the caller. There is a way of doing this?.

The usage is simple: I have a Customer page with a Address component inside. The Address has a button  opening a list of country to choose from (another Component…). I would like to use all of the area used by customer for showing countries, and then goin back to the customer view.

The standard behavior is that the list will be displayed inside the area used by the address component, and I don’t whant this.

This is just an example, I know I can use a combo for listing countries.

Soemone can help?

Thanks a lot

Giorgio ferraris

Using 2.6… with canvas API

Re: help on how to have call: using parent area on the browser

Pablo Iaria
Hi,

I don't have a squeak image right now.

To do what you want to do, you can pass the child it's parent and make
the parent call the CountryChooser component like:

CountryChooser class>withParent: aParentComponent
    self new parent: aParentComponent.

CountryChooser>chooseCountry
   country := self parent call: CountryCooser new.

I home that helps.

Pablo.-

On 4/5/06, Giorgio Ferraris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just starting to use seaside, and I have problems finding information
> for doing a simple thing: I have a component called on the rendering phase.
> If I have a callback calling another component, this one will replace the
> caller, using the same area on the browser.
>
> I would like to have it to use the area of the parent of the caller. There
> is a way of doing this?.
>
> The usage is simple: I have a Customer page with a Address component inside.
> The Address has a button  opening a list of country to choose from (another
> Component…). I would like to use all of the area used by customer for
> showing countries, and then goin back to the customer view.
>
> The standard behavior is that the list will be displayed inside the area
> used by the address component, and I don't whant this.
>

> This is just an example, I know I can use a combo for listing countries.
>
> Soemone can help?
>

> Thanks a lot
>

> Giorgio ferraris
>

> Using 2.6… with canvas API

RE: help on how to have call: using parent area on the browser

Ramon Leon
> I would like to have it to use the area of the parent of the
> caller. There is a way of doing this?.

Then have the parent make the call, pass the child component a reference
to it's parent, and when it makes the call, instead of doing self call:
anOtherComponent, do parent call: anOtherComponent.