help please

Harness, Kathleen
Hello,
I am having a problem saving a project with a .wav file.

If I leave the small three button player on the world and save the project, it fails to save.
If I use the Sound category tiles and make start sound and stop sound scripts, it saves.

Shouldn't it work both ways?

I ask because, a teacher wants to import music composed by students using Garage Band and converted to WAV files before dragging into Etoys. It is a lot of steps but she is a music teacher and this is important to her. This is already a convoluted path to take with 60 students and I thought the little three button player in Etoys would be the end of the journey and saved in the project.
Advice is most welcome!

Regards,
Kathleen

SqueakDebug.log (5K) Download Attachment

Re: help please

Karl Ramberg
Hi
It's not optimal, but the way it works now is you have to press the Save button to internalize the sound resource.
It will the be available along with all the other sounds in the sound menu.

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Harness, Kathleen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
I am having a problem saving a project with a .wav file.

If I leave the small three button player on the world and save the project, it fails to save.
If I use the Sound category tiles and make start sound and stop sound scripts, it saves.

Shouldn't it work both ways?

I ask because, a teacher wants to import music composed by students using Garage Band and converted to WAV files before dragging into Etoys. It is a lot of steps but she is a music teacher and this is important to her. This is already a convoluted path to take with 60 students and I thought the little three button player in Etoys would be the end of the journey and saved in the project.
Advice is most welcome!

Regards,
Kathleen

can-you-keep-a-secret.png (3K) Download Attachment

Re: help please

Harness, Kathleen
Karl,
Thanks for the advice.

A middle school music teacher had her students compose melody and lyrics using Garage Band on iPads, converting files to WAV and then moving the music into Etoys. The students will illustrate their composition, scripts motion, text, and/or animation. It is a big project. I hope to show some of them in May on Etoysillinois.
Regards,
Kathleen