help with public demo needed

Amber Smalltalk mailing list
Hi all,

just in case you haven't heard yet. There will be a CampSmalltalk on
Vancouver Island in October.
https://www.picatic.com/CampSmalltalkVI2014

I would like to us this opportunity to do a short Amber demo and provide
some help with the first steps in Amber.

Is there anybody who has some material that I could use?
It would be great if I was able to show present JS developers the
differences to their einvironments.
Since I am a Smalltalker and not a JS developer, I have a hard time to
prepare such presentation.

So if there is anybody who could help me to setup a short demo,
please contact me!

Cheers!
Sebastian

Re: help with public demo needed

Hannes Hirzel
Hi Sebastian

As I understand https://www.picatic.com/CampSmalltalkVI2014 is an
event for Smalltalkers.

"Smalltalk programmers getting together to share."

So I suggest that you do a current Amber installation (version 0.12.6, follow
http://docs.amber-lang.net/) and demonstrate some examples, e.g. the
ToDo example https://github.com/hhzl/Amber-ToDo-List or the Ludus game
framework https://github.com/bromagosa/Ludus

See as well the new glossary
http://docs.amber-lang.net/js-glossary.html which is helpful for
people coming from a Smalltalk perspective.

In case there are questions do not hesitate to ask them here.

A full answer depends on what your aim is.

--Hannes

On 9/16/14, 'Sebastian Heidbrink' via amber-lang
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> just in case you haven't heard yet. There will be a CampSmalltalk on
> Vancouver Island in October.
> https://www.picatic.com/CampSmalltalkVI2014
>
> I would like to us this opportunity to do a short Amber demo and provide
> some help with the first steps in Amber.
>
> Is there anybody who has some material that I could use?
> It would be great if I was able to show present JS developers the
> differences to their einvironments.
> Since I am a Smalltalker and not a JS developer, I have a hard time to
> prepare such presentation.
>
> So if there is anybody who could help me to setup a short demo,
> please contact me!
>
> Cheers!
> Sebastian

Re: help with public demo needed

Amber Smalltalk mailing list
Hi Hannes,

thank you for the valuable links.

I expect some local web developers to show up, too.
And by the way,... you have no idea how much criticism and
suspiciousness Smalltalkers have to offer :-D

I'll have a look! Thanks!
Sebastian

Am 16.09.2014 11:02, schrieb H. Hirzel:

> Hi Sebastian
>
> As I understand https://www.picatic.com/CampSmalltalkVI2014 is an
> event for Smalltalkers.
>
> "Smalltalk programmers getting together to share."
>
> So I suggest that you do a current Amber installation (version 0.12.6, follow
> http://docs.amber-lang.net/) and demonstrate some examples, e.g. the
> ToDo example https://github.com/hhzl/Amber-ToDo-List or the Ludus game
> framework https://github.com/bromagosa/Ludus
>
> See as well the new glossary
> http://docs.amber-lang.net/js-glossary.html which is helpful for
> people coming from a Smalltalk perspective.
>
> In case there are questions do not hesitate to ask them here.
>
> A full answer depends on what your aim is.
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 9/16/14, 'Sebastian Heidbrink' via amber-lang
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> just in case you haven't heard yet. There will be a CampSmalltalk on
>> Vancouver Island in October.
>> https://www.picatic.com/CampSmalltalkVI2014
>>
>> I would like to us this opportunity to do a short Amber demo and provide
>> some help with the first steps in Amber.
>>
>> Is there anybody who has some material that I could use?
>> It would be great if I was able to show present JS developers the
>> differences to their einvironments.
>> Since I am a Smalltalker and not a JS developer, I have a hard time to
>> prepare such presentation.
>>
>> So if there is anybody who could help me to setup a short demo,
>> please contact me!
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Sebastian

Re: help with public demo needed

Herby Vojčík
There are also this new framework called Tide, which aims at transparent sharing of object between server Pharo and client Amber. It would probably be great to demo Amber using it, but I don't know if they have some decent demo of it.

Herby

'Sebastian Heidbrink' via amber-lang wrote:

> Hi Hannes,
>
> thank you for the valuable links.
>
> I expect some local web developers to show up, too.
> And by the way,... you have no idea how much criticism and
> suspiciousness Smalltalkers have to offer :-D
>
> I'll have a look! Thanks!
> Sebastian
>
> Am 16.09.2014 11:02, schrieb H. Hirzel:
>> Hi Sebastian
>>
>> As I understand https://www.picatic.com/CampSmalltalkVI2014 is an
>> event for Smalltalkers.
>>
>> "Smalltalk programmers getting together to share."
>>
>> So I suggest that you do a current Amber installation (version
>> 0.12.6, follow
>> http://docs.amber-lang.net/) and demonstrate some examples, e.g. the
>> ToDo example https://github.com/hhzl/Amber-ToDo-List or the Ludus
 game

>> framework https://github.com/bromagosa/Ludus
>>
>> See as well the new glossary
>> http://docs.amber-lang.net/js-glossary.html which is helpful for
>> people coming from a Smalltalk perspective.
>>
>> In case there are questions do not hesitate to ask them here.
>>
>> A full answer depends on what your aim is.
>>
>> --Hannes
>>
>> On 9/16/14, 'Sebastian Heidbrink' via amber-lang
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> just in case you haven't heard yet. There will be a CampSmalltalk on
>>> Vancouver Island in October.
>>> https://www.picatic.com/CampSmalltalkVI2014
>>>
>>> I would like to us this opportunity to do a short Amber demo and
>>> provide
>>> some help with the first steps in Amber.
>>>
>>> Is there anybody who has some material that I could use?
>>> It would be great if I was able to show present JS developers the
>>> differences to their einvironments.
>>> Since I am a Smalltalker and not a JS developer, I have a hard time to
>>> prep
are such presentation.

>>> So if there is anybody who could help me to setup a short demo,
>>> please contact me!
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>> Sebastian

Re: help with public demo needed

Hannes Hirzel
And there are Amber web presentations programmed in Amber

ESUG2011
FOSDEM2012

https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/presentation

You might reuse most of the slides, add a few of your own and come up with

CampSmalltalk2014Vancouver

https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/presentation

The issues how to Smtk communicates with JS is still the same and
needs to be explained. In any case it will be good to have an updated
presentation ready  on this issue ....

--Hannes

On 9/16/14, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There are also this new framework called Tide, which aims at transparent
> sharing of object between server Pharo and client Amber. It would probably
> be great to demo Amber using it, but I don't know if they have some decent
> demo of it.
>
> Herby
>
> 'Sebastian Heidbrink' via amber-lang wrote:
>> Hi Hannes,
>>
>> thank you for the valuable links.
>>
>> I expect some local web developers to show up, too.
>> And by the way,... you have no idea how much criticism and
>> suspiciousness Smalltalkers have to offer :-D
>>
>> I'll have a look! Thanks!
>> Sebastian
>>
>> Am 16.09.2014 11:02, schrieb H. Hirzel:
>>> Hi Sebastian
>>>
>>> As I understand https://www.picatic.com/CampSmalltalkVI2014 is an
>>> event for Smalltalkers.
>>>
>>> "Smalltalk programmers getting together to share."
>>>
>>> So I suggest that you do a current Amber installation (version
>>> 0.12.6, follow
>>> http://docs.amber-lang.net/) and demonstrate some examples, e.g. the
>>> ToDo example https://github.com/hhzl/Amber-ToDo-List or the Ludus
>  game
>>> framework https://github.com/bromagosa/Ludus
>>>
>>> See as well the new glossary
>>> http://docs.amber-lang.net/js-glossary.html which is helpful for
>>> people coming from a Smalltalk perspective.
>>>
>>> In case there are questions do not hesitate to ask them here.
>>>
>>> A full answer depends on what your aim is.
>>>
>>> --Hannes

> are such presentation.

Re: help with public demo needed

sebastianconcept
I'd like to show you something

can we schedule a skype call? find me with: sebastianconcept

from iPad

> On 16/09/2014, at 14:30, "'Sebastian Heidbrink' via amber-lang" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> just in case you haven't heard yet. There will be a CampSmalltalk on Vancouver Island in October.
> https://www.picatic.com/CampSmalltalkVI2014
>
> I would like to us this opportunity to do a short Amber demo and provide some help with the first steps in Amber.
>
> Is there anybody who has some material that I could use?
> It would be great if I was able to show present JS developers the differences to their einvironments.
> Since I am a Smalltalker and not a JS developer, I have a hard time to prepare such presentation.
>
> So if there is anybody who could help me to setup a short demo,
> please contact me!
>
> Cheers!
> Sebastian

Re: help with public demo needed

John McKeon

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 5:42 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
And there are Amber web presentations programmed in Amber

ESUG2011
FOSDEM2012

https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/presentation

You might reuse most of the slides, add a few of your own and come up with

Sligthtly off topic, but if I want to install and run these I look at the GettingStarted instructions in the EXAMPLES README and the second step "get tthe dependencies of this project" says:
git submodule update --init --recursive
npm install
bower install

I am wondering if "submodule" should be replaced with something else.

Sorry if I am a complete idiot when it comes to things git,grunt,etc

Re: help with public demo needed

Hannes Hirzel
Hello John

I have added your issue here

https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/issues/44

It might be necessary to update the instructions.

--Hannes

P.S. Etymology of 'idiot'  Greek ἰδιώτης, idiōtēs ("person lacking
professional skill", "a private citizen", "individual"),
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

Amber is primarily about Smalltalk and we would like to see the
JavaScript infrastructure not to be too much of a burden.

Check out as well http://docs.amber-lang.net/js-glossary.html

On 9/17/14, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 5:42 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> And there are Amber web presentations programmed in Amber
>>
>> ESUG2011
>> FOSDEM2012
>>
>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/presentation
>>
>> You might reuse most of the slides, add a few of your own and come up
>> with
>

> Sligthtly off topic, but if I want to install and run these I look at the
> GettingStarted instructions in the EXAMPLES README and the second step "get
> tthe dependencies of this project" says:
>
> git submodule update --init --recursive
> npm install
>
> bower install
>
> I am wondering if "submodule" should be replaced with something else.
>
> Sorry if I am a complete idiot when it comes to things git,grunt,etc

Re: help with public demo needed

Hannes Hirzel
Check out Herby's answer here
https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/issues/44

Please give us more details.

On 9/17/14, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello John
>
> I have added your issue here
>
> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/issues/44
>
> It might be necessary to update the instructions.
>
> --Hannes
>
> P.S. Etymology of 'idiot'  Greek ἰδιώτης, idiōtēs ("person lacking
> professional skill", "a private citizen", "individual"),
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot
>
> Amber is primarily about Smalltalk and we would like to see the
> JavaScript infrastructure not to be too much of a burden.
>
> Check out as well http://docs.amber-lang.net/js-glossary.html
>
> On 9/17/14, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 5:42 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> And there are Amber web presentations programmed in Amber
>>>
>>> ESUG2011
>>> FOSDEM2012
>>>
>>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/presentation
>>>
>>> You might reuse most of the slides, add a few of your own and come up
>>> with
>>

>> Sligthtly off topic, but if I want to install and run these I look at the
>> GettingStarted instructions in the EXAMPLES README and the second step
>> "get
>> tthe dependencies of this project" says:
>>
>> git submodule update --init --recursive
>> npm install
>>
>> bower install
>>
>> I am wondering if "submodule" should be replaced with something else.
>>
>> Sorry if I am a complete idiot when it comes to things git,grunt,etc

Re: help with public demo needed

Amber Smalltalk mailing list
Thank you!

I almost forgat about the presentations. Indeed that would be an idea.
Flow might breat, too.

I also thought about a processingJS example. One where you have a 3d
scene, stop it,... change it and resume it,... that is something the
other folks won't be able to do...

BY the way. I wanted tu update the amber-processingJs project on github
with the needed Grunt and bower scripts,... but somehow when I install
the opened side misses amber.js and some other stuff...

Is there a example project on the web that extends the most current
amber version and leverages bowe, too?

Cheers!
Sebastian

Am 16.09.2014 14:42, schrieb H. Hirzel:

> And there are Amber web presentations programmed in Amber
>
> ESUG2011
> FOSDEM2012
>
> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/presentation
>
> You might reuse most of the slides, add a few of your own and come up with
>
> CampSmalltalk2014Vancouver
>
> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/presentation
>
> The issues how to Smtk communicates with JS is still the same and
> needs to be explained. In any case it will be good to have an updated
> presentation ready  on this issue ....
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 9/16/14, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> There are also this new framework called Tide, which aims at transparent
>> sharing of object between server Pharo and client Amber. It would probably
>> be great to demo Amber using it, but I don't know if they have some decent
>> demo of it.
>>
>> Herby
>>
>> 'Sebastian Heidbrink' via amber-lang wrote:
>>> Hi Hannes,
>>>
>>> thank you for the valuable links.
>>>
>>> I expect some local web developers to show up, too.
>>> And by the way,... you have no idea how much criticism and
>>> suspiciousness Smalltalkers have to offer :-D
>>>
>>> I'll have a look! Thanks!
>>> Sebastian

>>   game

>> are such presentation.

Re: help with public demo needed

Hannes Hirzel
Sebastian,

We recently updated the Ludus framework to version 0.12.4.

https://github.com/bromagosa/Ludus (Repository)

https://bromagosa.github.io/Ludus (Web site)

The README. includes everything you need to know to get it up and running.
https://github.com/bromagosa/Ludus/blob/master/README.md

Current version of Amber is 0.12.6.

I suggest that you can fork that project, and check if everything is
OK and if not fix it and in any case update the README to include
Amber 0.12.6 and issue a pull request.

Ludus probably works on Amber 0.12.6 probably without a change.

Then that can serve as a documented updated example how to use bower etc.

--Hannes

On 9/20/14, 'Sebastian Heidbrink' via amber-lang
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you!
>
> I almost forgat about the presentations. Indeed that would be an idea.
> Flow might breat, too.
>
> I also thought about a processingJS example. One where you have a 3d
> scene, stop it,... change it and resume it,... that is something the
> other folks won't be able to do...
>
> BY the way. I wanted tu update the amber-processingJs project on github
> with the needed Grunt and bower scripts,... but somehow when I install
> the opened side misses amber.js and some other stuff...
>
> Is there a example project on the web that extends the most current
> amber version and leverages bowe, too?
>
> Cheers!
> Sebastian
>

> Am 16.09.2014 14:42, schrieb H. Hirzel:
>> And there are Amber web presentations programmed in Amber
>>
>> ESUG2011
>> FOSDEM2012
>>
>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/presentation
>>
>> You might reuse most of the slides, add a few of your own and come up
>> with
>>
>> CampSmalltalk2014Vancouver
>>
>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/presentation
>>
>> The issues how to Smtk communicates with JS is still the same and
>> needs to be explained. In any case it will be good to have an updated
>> presentation ready  on this issue ....
>>
>> --Hannes
>>
>> On 9/16/14, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> There are also this new framework called Tide, which aims at transparent
>>> sharing of object between server Pharo and client Amber. It would
>>> probably
>>> be great to demo Amber using it, but I don't know if they have some
>>> decent
>>> demo of it.
>>>
>>> Herby

>>>   game

>>> are such presentation.

Re: help with public demo needed

Amber Smalltalk mailing list
Great! Thank you!

Am 20.09.2014 11:05, schrieb H. Hirzel:

> Sebastian,
>
> We recently updated the Ludus framework to version 0.12.4.
>
> https://github.com/bromagosa/Ludus (Repository)
>
> https://bromagosa.github.io/Ludus (Web site)
>
> The README. includes everything you need to know to get it up and running.
> https://github.com/bromagosa/Ludus/blob/master/README.md
>
> Current version of Amber is 0.12.6.
>
> I suggest that you can fork that project, and check if everything is
> OK and if not fix it and in any case update the README to include
> Amber 0.12.6 and issue a pull request.
>
> Ludus probably works on Amber 0.12.6 probably without a change.
>
> Then that can serve as a documented updated example how to use bower etc.
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 9/20/14, 'Sebastian Heidbrink' via amber-lang
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thank you!
>>
>> I almost forgat about the presentations. Indeed that would be an idea.
>> Flow might breat, too.
>>
>> I also thought about a processingJS example. One where you have a 3d
>> scene, stop it,... change it and resume it,... that is something the
>> other folks won't be able to do...
>>
>> BY the way. I wanted tu update the amber-processingJs project on github
>> with the needed Grunt and bower scripts,... but somehow when I install
>> the opened side misses amber.js and some other stuff...
>>
>> Is there a example project on the web that extends the most current
>> amber version and leverages bowe, too?
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Sebastian
>>

>> Am 16.09.2014 14:42, schrieb H. Hirzel:
>>> And there are Amber web presentations programmed in Amber
>>>
>>> ESUG2011
>>> FOSDEM2012
>>>
>>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/presentation
>>>
>>> You might reuse most of the slides, add a few of your own and come up
>>> with
>>>
>>> CampSmalltalk2014Vancouver
>>>
>>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/presentation
>>>
>>> The issues how to Smtk communicates with JS is still the same and
>>> needs to be explained. In any case it will be good to have an updated
>>> presentation ready  on this issue ....
>>>
>>> --Hannes

Re: help with public demo needed

Amber Smalltalk mailing list
Hi Hannes,

I realized that you added the bower_components to you github repository.

I updated my https://github.com/HeSe/amber-processingJs to support the
now different inlining syntax (inlining in own method).
Some bugs are still in the index.html but at least the install routine
seems to work.

if you add bower install to the getting started script then there should
be any need to add the components.
In addition to that one needs to add the node_modules to the .gitignore,
too.

git clone https://github.com/HeSe/amber-processingJs.git
cd amber-processingJs
bower install
amber serve

That's about everything I had to change to the way you do it with ludus...

Sebastian

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Hannes,
>
> I realized that you added the bower_components to you github repository.

Thank you for raising this point.
Yes,
In a 'regular' Amber github repository there is no need for a
bower_components directory.
It is only used locally and populated by
   bower install

The reason to include it in Ludus was to make it possible to deploy it
with github

   https://bromagosa.github.io/Ludus

> I updated my https://github.com/HeSe/amber-processingJs to support the
> now different inlining syntax (inlining in own method).
> Some bugs are still in the index.html but at least the install routine
> seems to work.

Great!

> if you add bower install to the getting started script then there should
> be any need to add the components.

Yes.

> In addition to that one needs to add the node_modules to the .gitignore,
> too.

Yes

> git clone https://github.com/HeSe/amber-processingJs.git
> cd amber-processingJs
> bower install
> amber serve

Yes, this is the 'regular' process at this time...

--Hannes

> That's about everything I had to change to the way you do it with ludus...
> Sebastian
>
> Am 20.09.2014 11:05, schrieb H. Hirzel:
>> Sebastian,
>>
>> We recently updated the Ludus framework to version 0.12.4.
>>
>> https://github.com/bromagosa/Ludus (Repository)
>>
>> https://bromagosa.github.io/Ludus (Web site)
>>
>> The README. includes everything you need to know to get it up and
>> running.
>> https://github.com/bromagosa/Ludus/blob/master/README.md
>>
>> Current version of Amber is 0.12.6.
>>
>> I suggest that you can fork that project, and check if everything is
>> OK and if not fix it and in any case update the README to include
>> Amber 0.12.6 and issue a pull request.
>>
>> Ludus probably works on Amber 0.12.6 probably without a change.
>>
>> Then that can serve as a documented updated example how to use bower etc.
>>
>> --Hannes
>>
>> On 9/20/14, 'Sebastian Heidbrink' via amber-lang
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> I almost forgat about the presentations. Indeed that would be an idea.
>>> Flow might breat, too.
>>>
>>> I also thought about a processingJS example. One where you have a 3d
>>> scene, stop it,... change it and resume it,... that is something the
>>> other folks won't be able to do...
>>>
>>> BY the way. I wanted tu update the amber-processingJs project on github
>>> with the needed Grunt and bower scripts,... but somehow when I install
>>> the opened side misses amber.js and some other stuff...
>>>
>>> Is there a example project on the web that extends the most current
>>> amber version and leverages bowe, too?
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>> Sebastian

Re: help with public demo needed

Hannes Hirzel
Hello again, Sebastian

We have updated https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples to
load fine with the current version of Amber -- 0.12.6.

https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/issues/44

Thanks to John McKeon for raising the issue and doing the testing.

--Hannes

P.S. Attached is the screen shot of the 'presentation' examples
There is a 2011 and a 2012 presentation. It would be great to have a
2014 Camp Smalltalk Vancouver presentation (reuse of most of the
earlier slides is fine).

If you like I can add you to the
https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples repository.

AmberPresentations2011and2012.png (184K) Download Attachment

Re: help with public demo needed

Amber Smalltalk mailing list
Hi Hannes,

I will try to do that.

Thanks for the changes, I was just about to ge tmy hands on that.

Sebastian

Am 20.09.2014 23:09, schrieb H. Hirzel:

> Hello again, Sebastian
>
> We have updated https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples to
> load fine with the current version of Amber -- 0.12.6.
>
> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/issues/44
>
> Thanks to John McKeon for raising the issue and doing the testing.
>
> --Hannes
>
> P.S. Attached is the screen shot of the 'presentation' examples
> There is a 2011 and a 2012 presentation. It would be great to have a
> 2014 Camp Smalltalk Vancouver presentation (reuse of most of the
> earlier slides is fine).
>
> If you like I can add you to the
> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples repository.
>

> On 9/20/14, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Sebastian
>>
>> On 9/20/14, 'Sebastian Heidbrink' via amber-lang
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Hannes,
>>>
>>> I realized that you added the bower_components to you github repository.
>> Thank you for raising this point.
>> Yes,
>> In a 'regular' Amber github repository there is no need for a
>> bower_components directory.
>> It is only used locally and populated by
>>     bower install
>>
>> The reason to include it in Ludus was to make it possible to deploy it
>> with github
>>
>>     https://bromagosa.github.io/Ludus
>>

>>> I updated my https://github.com/HeSe/amber-processingJs to support the
>>> now different inlining syntax (inlining in own method).
>>> Some bugs are still in the index.html but at least the install routine
>>> seems to work.
>> Great!
>>
>>> if you add bower install to the getting started script then there should
>>> be any need to add the components.
>> Yes.
>>
>>> In addition to that one needs to add the node_modules to the .gitignore,
>>> too.
>> Yes
>>
>>> git clone https://github.com/HeSe/amber-processingJs.git
>>> cd amber-processingJs
>>> bower install
>>> amber serve
>> Yes, this is the 'regular' process at this time...
>>
>> --Hannes
>>
>>> That's about everything I had to change to the way you do it with
>>> ludus...
>>> Sebastian

Re: help with public demo needed

Bernat Romagosa

Hi guys!

Sorry, I'm away all weekend so I won't be able to help much with Ludus...

Anyway, check out the Ludus examples package. Some of them are ok, although right now I can't check them out to see if they're up to date.

Also look at the Ovni demo game. It's a complete UFO shoot-em-up with simple AI, menus, etc.

Hope it helps!

<[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I will have to check how much time I have to get my hands on all of this...

My is was to grab some web developers and show them Amber and the major differences to the stuff they are used, too...
I assume none of them know any smalltalk syntax at all...

I think I will prepare soe of the ludus and amber examples and keep them as some kind of "proof that it works" kind of thing in my pocket.
Did anybody try subwars, yet?

I guess seomthing like Tide or Flow might be a good way to show off in productivity aspects.

processingJS might be cool to show realtime 3d scene modification.

The mobile app deployment of Amber is still something for the pros, isn't it?
I never tried it myself before...

We will see,... biggest constraint is time...
Sebastian

<[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

On 9/21/14, 'Sebastian Heidbrink' via amber-lang
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I will have to check how much time I have to get my hands on all of this...
>
> My is was to grab some web developers and show them Amber and the major
> differences to the stuff they are used, too...
> I assume none of them know any smalltalk syntax at all...
>
> I think I will prepare soe of the ludus and amber examples and keep them
> as some kind of "proof that it works" kind of thing in my pocket.
> Did anybody try subwars, yet?
>
> I guess seomthing like Tide or Flow might be a good way to show off in
> productivity aspects.
>
> processingJS might be cool to show realtime 3d scene modification.
>
> The mobile app deployment of Amber is still something for the pros,
> isn't it?
> I never tried it myself before...
>
> We will see,... biggest constraint is time...

Do not hesitate to ask here any kind of question which helps you to
save time....

> [...]
>>                         amber version and leverages bowe, too?
>>
>>                         Cheers!
>>                         Sebastian
>>

>>                         Am 16.09.2014 14:42, schrieb H. Hirzel:
>>
>>                             And there are Amber web presentations
>>                             programmed in Amber
>>
>>                             ESUG2011
>>                             FOSDEM2012
>>

>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/presentation
>>
>>                             You might reuse most of the slides, add a
>>                             few of your own and come up
>>                             with
>>
>>                             CampSmalltalk2014Vancouver
>>

>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/presentation
>>
>>                             The issues how to Smtk communicates with
>>                             JS is still the same and
>>                             needs to be explained. In any case it will
>>                             be good to have an updated
>>                             presentation ready  on this issue ....
>>
>>                             --Hannes
>>
>>                             On 9/16/14, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]

I just retested the Google charts example in
https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples
and it works fine.

https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/issues/47

--Hannes