hi all

HERM1T
i`m new in using  ubuntu OS. how can i install pharo on it??

Re: hi all

Guillermo Polito
Hi!

The simplest way is downloading the All in One image, and run the .sh in there.

Cheers,
Guille

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 8:20 PM, HERM1T <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i`m new in using  ubuntu OS. how can i install pharo on it??

Re: hi all

HERM1T
i downloaded it but when i run .sh it shows just code written in .sh and nothing else happens=((
maybe i do something wrong?

Re: hi all

Guillermo Polito
How are you running it?  Maybe you're editing it...

Can you do right-clic  + run instead of double click?

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:01 PM, HERM1T <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i downloaded it but when i run .sh it shows just code written in .sh and
> nothing else happens=((
> maybe i do something wrong?

Re: hi all

HERM1T
thunks for help. i find solution. it was my mistake i tried run this file from rar

Re: hi all

laurent laffont

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:20 AM, HERM1T <[hidden email]> wrote:

i`m new in using  ubuntu OS. how can i install pharo on it??

Hi,

Laurent Laffont

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: hi all

James Ashley
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 5:20 PM, HERM1T <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i`m new in using  ubuntu OS. how can i install pharo on it??

As I recall, I just downloaded the one-click .zip file, unzipped it,
changed into whatever directory it was, then ran the pharo.sh script.

I think I might have needed to `chmod u+x pharo.sh`, but I've been
playing with a lot of different smalltalk versions lately, so that
easily could have been one of the other dialects.