how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

I did import FAMIX model from file sources with verveineJ and I would like to see the code
of the java method when I use a browser. Now I do not see the code.
Should I do something special.

Re: how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Yes.

First, you should import the sources like this:
PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .

Second,  you have to point the Moose model to the root folder:
http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/root-folder

Alternatively, you can place the sources in a folder src/MOOSE_MODEL-NAME under the moose.image. It would be like:

moose.image
src/
        /MOOSE_MODEL_NAME (this is the folder that you provided to verveineJ)

Cheers,
Doru

On 24 May 2011, at 15:03, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I did import FAMIX model from file sources with verveineJ and I would like to see the code
> of the java method when I use a browser. Now I do not see the code.
> Should I do something special.
>
> Stef

www.tudorgirba.com

"Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."

Re: how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

Stéphane Ducasse
tx doru but I do not understand why
        - the importer cannot do that automatically?
        - why do I have to do that manually?

Stef

On 24 May 2011, at 21:19, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> tx doru but I do not understand why
> - the importer cannot do that automatically?
> - why do I have to do that manually?

It is because in most cases we want to move the models between computers and images, and we do not want to hardcode the full path in the model.

If the VerveineJ/inFusion Importer Wizard would work in Moose, it could set this transparently, but if we depend on an external solution we want to have the least amount of hardcoded things.

Cheers,
Doru

> Stef
> On May 24, 2011, at 3:13 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> First, you should import the sources like this:
>> PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
>>
>> Second,  you have to point the Moose model to the root folder:
>> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/root-folder
>>
>> Alternatively, you can place the sources in a folder src/MOOSE_MODEL-NAME under the moose.image. It would be like:
>>
>> moose.image
>> src/
>> /MOOSE_MODEL_NAME (this is the folder that you provided to verveineJ)
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 24 May 2011, at 15:03, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> I did import FAMIX model from file sources with verveineJ and I would like to see the code
>>> of the java method when I use a browser. Now I do not see the code.
>>> Should I do something special.
>>>
>>> Stef
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Re: how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

I'm confused and I find that suboptimal because it looks to me that we are doing ad hoc things manually while they could be done with a program.
does verveineJ creates an mse file?
if yes where should it be?

> First, you should import the sources like this:
> PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
>
> Second,  you have to point the Moose model to the root folder:
> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/root-folder

this page does not say much.
why do not add there
        PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m --

> Alternatively, you can place the sources in a folder src/MOOSE_MODEL-NAME under the moose.image. It would be like:

do you mean inside the one-click package?
Berk!
so this means that I cannot keep the data if I download a new one click?

On May 24, 2011, at 9:34 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 24 May 2011, at 21:19, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> tx doru but I do not understand why
>> - the importer cannot do that automatically?
>> - why do I have to do that manually?
>
> It is because in most cases we want to move the models between computers and images, and we do not want to hardcode the full path in the model.

At least Moose itself should deal with that.
Right I'm typing things that I do not understand on a commandline and I do not see the point.
I imagine the face of people that asked me if they could use moose to check their java project doing it: open try and close and drop.

So now is the file output.mse the file created by the last import using verveineJ?
I do not know.

> If the VerveineJ/inFusion Importer Wizard would work in Moose, it could set this transparently, but if we depend on an external solution we want to have the least amount of hardcoded things.

Sorry I do not get it.
I can believe that from moose I could say load from here and that I do not have to move and set folder and file and option manually.

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> Stef
>> On May 24, 2011, at 3:13 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> First, you should import the sources like this:
>>> PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
>>>
>>> Second,  you have to point the Moose model to the root folder:
>>> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/root-folder
>>>
>>> Alternatively, you can place the sources in a folder src/MOOSE_MODEL-NAME under the moose.image. It would be like:
>>>
>>> moose.image
>>> src/
>>> /MOOSE_MODEL_NAME (this is the folder that you provided to verveineJ)
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Re: how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

On May 24, 2011, at 3:13 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes.
>
> First, you should import the sources like this:
> PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .

./verveinej.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx

:(

> Second,  you have to point the Moose model to the root folder:
> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/root-folder
>
> Alternatively, you can place the sources in a folder src/MOOSE_MODEL-NAME under the moose.image. It would be like:
>
> moose.image
> src/
> /MOOSE_MODEL_NAME (this is the folder that you provided to verveineJ)
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 24 May 2011, at 15:03, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I did import FAMIX model from file sources with verveineJ and I would like to see the code
>> of the java method when I use a browser. Now I do not see the code.
>> Should I do something special.
>>
>> Stef

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."

Re: how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

On May 24, 2011, at 3:13 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes.
>
> First, you should import the sources like this:
> PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .

./verveinej.sh -Xmx 1m -- .
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx

does not work either.

> Second,  you have to point the Moose model to the root folder:
> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/root-folder
>
> Alternatively, you can place the sources in a folder src/MOOSE_MODEL-NAME under the moose.image. It would be like:
>
> moose.image
> src/
> /MOOSE_MODEL_NAME (this is the folder that you provided to verveineJ)
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 24 May 2011, at 15:03, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I did import FAMIX model from file sources with verveineJ and I would like to see the code
>> of the java method when I use a browser. Now I do not see the code.
>> Should I do something special.
>>
>> Stef

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."

Re: how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

may be verveinj.sh should mention in the help some valid jvm options.
Now I'm looking at eclipse jvm options... and soon I will stop. too bad.
The message for me is clear and this is my fault.
Not enough experience on doing real analyses. Too much in our cosy smalltalk code.
But I cannot do moose and pharo.

Re: how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

Tudor Girba-2
Stef,

Did you try doing what step 4 says:
/PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh .

?

Cheers,
Doru

On 24 May 2011, at 21:48, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> may be verveinj.sh should mention in the help some valid jvm options.
> Now I'm looking at eclipse jvm options... and soon I will stop. too bad.
> The message for me is clear and this is my fault.
> Not enough experience on doing real analyses. Too much in our cosy smalltalk code.
> But I cannot do moose and pharo.
>
> Stef

www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Stef,

On 24 May 2011, at 21:43, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On May 24, 2011, at 9:34 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 24 May 2011, at 21:19, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> tx doru but I do not understand why
>>> - the importer cannot do that automatically?
>>> - why do I have to do that manually?
>>
>> It is because in most cases we want to move the models between computers and images, and we do not want to hardcode the full path in the model.
>

> At least Moose itself should deal with that.
> Right I'm typing things that I do not understand on a commandline and I do not see the point.
> I imagine the face of people that asked me if they could use moose to check their java project doing it: open try and close and drop.

VerveineJ is a command line tool. There are two ways to hook with it from Smalltalk:
- Use a command line interface that works across platforms.
- Use a robust JNIPort

Neither of these work properly. Until they do, we have to deal with it.

> So now is the file output.mse the file created by the last import using verveineJ?
> I do not know.

output.mse will be the one that was produced the last time :)

Cheers,
Doru

>> If the VerveineJ/inFusion Importer Wizard would work in Moose, it could set this transparently, but if we depend on an external solution we want to have the least amount of hardcoded things.
>
> Sorry I do not get it.
> I can believe that from moose I could say load from here and that I do not have to move and set folder and file and option manually.
>

>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>>> Stef

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

Re: how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

there is no verveine.sh

bin/          lib/          src/          testrep/
build.xml     output.mse    test_src/     verveinej.sh*

juste verveinej.sh

then

when I'm in the folder and I type

./verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
I get

 ./verveinej.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx

if I reduce the size nothing change.

I get the latest eclipse distirbution that you can get on the oracle web site
eclipse-SDK-3.6.2-macosx-cocoa-x86_64.tar

stef

On 24 May 2011, at 22:10, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> there is no verveine.sh
>
> bin/          lib/          src/          testrep/
> build.xml     output.mse    test_src/     verveinej.sh*
>

> juste verveinej.sh

Thanks. I updated the page.

> then
>
> when I'm in the folder and I type
>
> ./verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
> I get
>
> ./verveinej.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
> Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx
> Could not create the Java virtual machine.
> if I reduce the size nothing change.

Once this happened to me as well, even if I did have enough memory (more than 2GB in this case). I think I had to restart and then it worked, but I do not know why.

> I get the latest eclipse distirbution that you can get on the oracle web site
> eclipse-SDK-3.6.2-macosx-cocoa-x86_64.tar

I cannot find this one (I can find the 4 version). Could you please provide a link?

Cheers,
Doru

> stef
>

> On May 24, 2011, at 9:56 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Stef,
>>
>> Did you try doing what step 4 says:
>> /PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh .
>>
>> ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 24 May 2011, at 21:48, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> may be verveinj.sh should mention in the help some valid jvm options.
>>> Now I'm looking at eclipse jvm options... and soon I will stop. too bad.
>>> The message for me is clear and this is my fault.
>>> Not enough experience on doing real analyses. Too much in our cosy smalltalk code.
>>> But I cannot do moose and pharo.
>>>
>>> Stef
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Re: how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

Stéphane Ducasse
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

Stef

On May 24, 2011, at 10:24 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 24 May 2011, at 22:10, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> there is no verveine.sh
>>
>> bin/          lib/          src/          testrep/
>> build.xml     output.mse    test_src/     verveinej.sh*
>>

>> juste verveinej.sh
>
> Thanks. I updated the page.
>
>> then
>>
>> when I'm in the folder and I type
>>
>> ./verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
>> I get
>>
>> ./verveinej.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
>> Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx
>> Could not create the Java virtual machine.
>> if I reduce the size nothing change.
>
> Once this happened to me as well, even if I did have enough memory (more than 2GB in this case). I think I had to restart and then it worked, but I do not know why.
>
>> I get the latest eclipse distirbution that you can get on the oracle web site
>> eclipse-SDK-3.6.2-macosx-cocoa-x86_64.tar
>
> I cannot find this one (I can find the 4 version). Could you please provide a link?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
>> stef
>>

>> On May 24, 2011, at 9:56 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Stef,
>>>
>>> Did you try doing what step 4 says:
>>> /PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh .
>>>
>>> ?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Re: how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

abergel
I haven't closely followed. Why do you need Eclipse? Is this related to Verveine?

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

Tudor Girba-2
This is where the binaries are. How do you get to the sources?

Cheers,
Doru

On 24 May 2011, at 22:45, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
>
> Stef
>
> On May 24, 2011, at 10:24 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 24 May 2011, at 22:10, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> there is no verveine.sh
>>>
>>> bin/          lib/          src/          testrep/
>>> build.xml     output.mse    test_src/     verveinej.sh*
>>>

>>> juste verveinej.sh
>>
>> Thanks. I updated the page.
>>
>>> then
>>>
>>> when I'm in the folder and I type
>>>
>>> ./verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
>>> I get
>>>
>>> ./verveinej.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
>>> Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx
>>> Could not create the Java virtual machine.
>>> if I reduce the size nothing change.
>>
>> Once this happened to me as well, even if I did have enough memory (more than 2GB in this case). I think I had to restart and then it worked, but I do not know why.
>>
>>> I get the latest eclipse distirbution that you can get on the oracle web site
>>> eclipse-SDK-3.6.2-macosx-cocoa-x86_64.tar
>>
>> I cannot find this one (I can find the 4 version). Could you please provide a link?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>
>>> stef

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."

Re: how can I be sure that I have the source code when I import a Java Model?

Stéphane Ducasse
Doru

I just installed
that I donwloaded from

>> http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

I do not know why you are asking me about the sources.

Stef