how can I load FAST?

Stéphane Ducasse
When I did

ConfigurationOfFASTCore loadDevelopment I get an error….

Why people do not understand that a class comment is COOOOOOL.

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: how can I load FAST?

Stéphane Ducasse
(ConfigurationOfFASTCore project version: '0.4') load
loads a really old version :(((((

So frustrating.

Stef

On 20 Feb 2018, at 22:32, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

When I did

ConfigurationOfFASTCore loadDevelopment I get an error….

Why people do not understand that a class comment is COOOOOOL.

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: how can I load FAST?

Vincent Blondeau
Hi Stef,

You may want to use the CI image
https://ci.inria.fr/moose/job/FAST-On-Moose/

But, since nobody updated the application since a long time, it seems
that a lot of tests is failing on the latest image... and I do not know
the current state of it. Maybe Cyril does?

If you want to use either FAST on Smalltalk or Java, you should use
that:

http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/FASTPharo/main
     ConfigurationOfFASTPharo loadDevelopment.
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/FASTJava/main
     ConfigurationOfFASTJava loadDevelopment.

And you have to use a Moose image too... It will not load on Pharo
image at all...

Vincent

PS: if you give a bit of context of your error (image, error thrown),
we could help you ;)

Le 2018-02-20 22:34, Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :

> (ConfigurationOfFASTCore project version: '0.4') load
> loads a really old version :(((((
>
> So frustrating.
>
> Stef
>
>> On 20 Feb 2018, at 22:32, Stéphane Ducasse
>> <[hidden email] [1]> wrote:
>>
>> When I did
>>
>> ConfigurationOfFASTCore loadDevelopment I get an error….
>>
>> Why people do not understand that a class comment is COOOOOOL.
>>
>> Stef

>> Stéphane Ducasse
>> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr [2]
>> http://www.synectique.eu [3] / http://www.pharo.org [4]
>> 03 59 35 87 52
>> Assistant: Julie Jonas
>> FAX 03 59 57 78 50
>> TEL 03 59 35 86 16
>> S. Ducasse - Inria
>> 40, avenue Halley,
>> Parc Scientifique de la Haute Borne, Bât.A, Park Plaza
>>
>> Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
>> France

> Stéphane Ducasse
> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr [6]
> http://www.synectique.eu [7] / http://www.pharo.org [8]
> 03 59 35 87 52
> Assistant: Julie Jonas
> FAX 03 59 57 78 50
> TEL 03 59 35 86 16
> S. Ducasse - Inria
> 40, avenue Halley,
> Parc Scientifique de la Haute Borne, Bât.A, Park Plaza
>
> Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
> France
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] mailto:[hidden email]
> [2] http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/
> [3] http://www.synectique.eu/
> [4] http://www.pharo.org/
> [5] mailto:[hidden email]
> [6] http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr
> [7] http://www.synectique.eu
> [8] http://www.pharo.org

Re: how can I load FAST?

On 20 Feb 2018, at 22:54, Vincent Blondeau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Stef,

You may want to use the CI image  https://ci.inria.fr/moose/job/FAST-On-Moose/

But, since nobody updated the application since a long time, it seems that a lot of tests is failing on the latest image... and I do not know the current state of it. Maybe Cyril does?

If you want to use either FAST on Smalltalk or Java, you should use that:

http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/FASTPharo/main
   ConfigurationOfFASTPharo loadDevelopment.

This expression does not work in Moose 6.1

BaselineOfGTToolkitExamplesEnginer does not understand versionFor:

<[hidden email] [1]> wrote:

[...]

I cannot execute this image with the launcher.
And I cannot execute on my mac.

<[hidden email] [1]> wrote:

[...]

CyrilFerlicot
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 8:54 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> You may want to use the CI image
> https://ci.inria.fr/moose/job/FAST-On-Moose/
>

> I cannot execute this image with the launcher.
> And I cannot execute on my mac.

Hi!

At Synectique we depend on it with this snippet:

project: 'FASTCore'
  with: [ spec
    className: #ConfigurationOfFASTCore;
    versionString: #development;
    repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/FASTCore/main/' ].

So, I think this should work:

Metacello new
  repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/FASTCore/main/';
  configuration: 'FASTCore';
  version: #development;
  load

For the state of FAST: Fast meta model was not valid because it had
multiple opposites for some properties and in Moose 6 or 6.1 (I don't
remember) a model validation was added because MooseQuery require a
valide meta model.

With Nicolas we worked on it to make FASTCore valid. There was at the
top of the hierarchy a method #parentNode and multiple properties
defining it as opposite, which is not valid for FAME.

What we did is that instead of pointing #parentNode for multiple
properties, we created, for each property, a new opposite property in
the right subclass of FASTEntity and we reimplemented #parentNode to
point this new property. At the end, we replaced the #parentNode at
the top of the hierarchy by a subclass responsibility. To keep it was
only for backward compatibility.

We validated the changes with the tests of one of Synectique
meta-model. Maybe the implementations for the other languages are
still not valid but I did not had the knowledge nor the time to check
it :(

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: how can I load FAST?

Nicolas Anquetil
I beleive steph would like to have FAST-pharo, because FAST-core alone
does not do much, it's only the infrastructure.

I am working on making FAST-pharo loadable and passing all the tests

nicolas

--
Nicolas Anquetil
RMod team -- Inria Lille

Re: how can I load FAST?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I am not sure I understand the use cases for why you would need FAST-pharo. I mean, what does RB not already offer? Could you detail them?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Feb 22, 2018, at 10:24 AM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I beleive steph would like to have FAST-pharo, because FAST-core alone does not do much, it's only the infrastructure.
>
> I am working on making FAST-pharo loadable and passing all the tests
>
> nicolas
>

> On 21/02/2018 10:19, Cyril Ferlicot wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 8:54 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Stef,
>>>
>>> You may want to use the CI image
>>> https://ci.inria.fr/moose/job/FAST-On-Moose/
>>>

>>> I cannot execute this image with the launcher.
>>> And I cannot execute on my mac.
>>>

>> Hi!
>>
>> At Synectique we depend on it with this snippet:
>>
>> project: 'FASTCore'
>>   with: [ spec
>>     className: #ConfigurationOfFASTCore;
>>     versionString: #development;
>>     repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/FASTCore/main/' ].
>>
>> So, I think this should work:
>>
>> Metacello new
>>   repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/FASTCore/main/';
>>   configuration: 'FASTCore';
>>   version: #development;
>>   load
>>
>> For the state of FAST: Fast meta model was not valid because it had
>> multiple opposites for some properties and in Moose 6 or 6.1 (I don't
>> remember) a model validation was added because MooseQuery require a
>> valide meta model.
>>
>> With Nicolas we worked on it to make FASTCore valid. There was at the
>> top of the hierarchy a method #parentNode and multiple properties
>> defining it as opposite, which is not valid for FAME.
>>
>> What we did is that instead of pointing #parentNode for multiple
>> properties, we created, for each property, a new opposite property in
>> the right subclass of FASTEntity and we reimplemented #parentNode to
>> point this new property. At the end, we replaced the #parentNode at
>> the top of the hierarchy by a subclass responsibility. To keep it was
>> only for backward compatibility.
>>
>> We validated the changes with the tests of one of Synectique
>> meta-model. Maybe the implementations for the other languages are
>> still not valid but I did not had the knowledge nor the time to check
>> it :(
>>

> --
> Nicolas Anquetil
> RMod team -- Inria Lille

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

Re: how can I load FAST?

Nicolas Anquetil
I have no idea what's steph's goal.

but for me the interest of fast-pharo is the same as famix-pharo: having
generic tools that work on the meta-model and can deal with pharo code

nicolas

On 22/02/2018 10:51, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not sure I understand the use cases for why you would need FAST-pharo. I mean, what does RB not already offer? Could you detail them?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> On Feb 22, 2018, at 10:24 AM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I beleive steph would like to have FAST-pharo, because FAST-core alone does not do much, it's only the infrastructure.
>>
>> I am working on making FAST-pharo loadable and passing all the tests
>>
>> nicolas
>>

>> On 21/02/2018 10:19, Cyril Ferlicot wrote:

>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> At Synectique we depend on it with this snippet:
>>>
>>> project: 'FASTCore'
>>>    with: [ spec
>>>      className: #ConfigurationOfFASTCore;
>>>      versionString: #development;
>>>      repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/FASTCore/main/' ].
>>>
>>> So, I think this should work:
>>>
>>> Metacello new
>>>    repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/FASTCore/main/';
>>>    configuration: 'FASTCore';
>>>    version: #development;
>>>    load
>>>
>>> For the state of FAST: Fast meta model was not valid because it had
>>> multiple opposites for some properties and in Moose 6 or 6.1 (I don't
>>> remember) a model validation was added because MooseQuery require a
>>> valide meta model.
>>>
>>> With Nicolas we worked on it to make FASTCore valid. There was at the
>>> top of the hierarchy a method #parentNode and multiple properties
>>> defining it as opposite, which is not valid for FAME.
>>>
>>> What we did is that instead of pointing #parentNode for multiple
>>> properties, we created, for each property, a new opposite property in
>>> the right subclass of FASTEntity and we reimplemented #parentNode to
>>> point this new property. At the end, we replaced the #parentNode at
>>> the top of the hierarchy by a subclass responsibility. To keep it was
>>> only for backward compatibility.
>>>
>>> We validated the changes with the tests of one of Synectique
>>> meta-model. Maybe the implementations for the other languages are
>>> still not valid but I did not had the knowledge nor the time to check
>>> it :(
>>>

>> --
>> Nicolas Anquetil
>> RMod team -- Inria Lille

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
> But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

Nicolas Anquetil
RMod team -- Inria Lille

Re: how can I load FAST?

Hi doru

it was just to look at how it was done.
I spent today building a first super simple ControlFlowGraph for Pharo and the idea is to have this generic
for other languages.

Stef

<[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

But control flow is not enough to reason about the code one needs the full AST

control flow givres you:

- complexity

- some clone detection technique

- what else ???