how can I rotate images

Jochen Riekhof
Hi...

I cannot find any method to rotate an image or even transpose it (e.g.
multipes of 90 degrees).

Is this possible?

Ciao

...Jochen

Re: how can I rotate images

Blair McGlashan
"Jochen Riekhof" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:ahtvok$20c$00$[hidden email]...
> Hi...
>
> I cannot find any method to rotate an image or even transpose it (e.g.
> multipes of 90 degrees).
>
> Is this possible?

I believe so, using the Win32 PlgBlt() API. However this is not wrapped in
Dolphin, so you would have to add the necessary external library call to
GDILibrary and various convenience functions in Canvas, etc. I should not be
difficult to do this using MSDN for API documentation (e.g.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdi/bitmaps
_0iwe.asp) and the existing wrapping of StretchBlt() as a guide (start
browsing at GDILibrary>>stretchBlt:etc).

It is worth remembering that it is possible to call virtually any Windows
API directly from Dolphin, so if you can do it on Windows they you can
almost certainly do it from Dolphin.

Regards

Blair