how can I test host environment: Pharo or Squeak

how can I test host environment: Pharo or Squeak

Alan Pinch
I am trying to keep a single package for both. Is there a good clean way
to test whether I am in squeak or Pharo?

--
Thank you for your consideration,
Alan

Re: how can I test host environment: Pharo or Squeak

fniephaus
This should work:

isSqueak
  ^ SystemVersion current version beginsWith: 'Squeak'

Best,
Fabio

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 4:15 PM Alan Pinch <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to keep a single package for both. Is there a good clean way
to test whether I am in squeak or Pharo?

--
Thank you for your consideration,
Alan

Re: how can I test host environment: Pharo or Squeak

Tobias Pape
Correct.

But depending on what you do, using Grease or Metacello might be better.

Best regards
        -Tobias

> On 17.10.2017, at 17:31, Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This should work:
>
> isSqueak
>   ^ SystemVersion current version beginsWith: 'Squeak'
>
> Best,
> Fabio
>
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 4:15 PM Alan Pinch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am trying to keep a single package for both. Is there a good clean way
> to test whether I am in squeak or Pharo?
>
> --
> Thank you for your consideration,
> Alan

Re: how can I test host environment: Pharo or Squeak

Alan Pinch
What's Grease? I have not heard of it before. Is this something that
might work between squeak and pharo? ANd cuis?

Alan

--
Thank you for your consideration,
Alan

Re: how can I test host environment: Pharo or Squeak

Jakob Reschke-2
How about:

    Smalltalk version

'Squeak5.1'
'Pharo6.0'

> I am trying to keep a single package for both. Is there a good clean way
> to test whether I am in squeak or Pharo?
>
> --
> Thank you for your consideration,
> Alan

Re: how can I test host environment: Pharo or Squeak

Hannes Hirzel
Grease  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3750