how do I pretty print a fileout or changeset?

how do I pretty print a fileout or changeset?

Mark Ballard-2
How do I pretty print a fileout or a changeset?

(503) 627-5890  Desk   (503) 627-1388  Fax

Re: how do I pretty print a fileout or changeset?

Reinout Heeck-2
Mark Ballard wrote:
> How do I pretty print a fileout or a changeset?

The File Browser shows a 'formatted source' tab when you select a .cha
or .st file.

-

RE: how do I pretty print a fileout or changeset?

mark.b.ballard
Reinout,

Thank you.  That is a step forward for me.

Now how do I get the contents of that formatted view into a Word
document?  If I select, copy, paste, I lose the bold and italics.

Or how do I get the contents of that formatted view into a postscript
file?

-

[hidden email] wrote:
> Reinout,
>
> Thank you.  That is a step forward for me.
>
> Now how do I get the contents of that formatted view into a Word
> document?  If I select, copy, paste, I lose the bold and italics.

Correct, only ascii is supported in the clipboard communications.

> Or how do I get the contents of that formatted view into a postscript
> file?

That you can probably hack yourself pretty easily, several panes like
for instance the Transcript have a 'hardcopy' item on the context menu.
I expect it to be trivial to port that to the FileBrowser's formatted
source pane.

Once that is done set your image's global printing preferences to ps
file and you should be in business.

Hmm,
if you only need this once you can copy the contents of the formatted
source pane to a workspace and use the workspace's hardcopy menu item :-)

HTH,

Reinout
-------

Thanks for the way to pretty print!

> Thank you.  That is a step forward for me.
>
> Now how do I get the contents of that formatted view into a Word
> document?  If I select, copy, paste, I lose the bold and italics.

Correct, only ascii is supported in the clipboard communications.

> Or how do I get the contents of that formatted view into a postscript
> file?

That you can probably hack yourself pretty easily, several panes like
for instance the Transcript have a 'hardcopy' item on the context menu.
I expect it to be trivial to port that to the FileBrowser's formatted
source pane.

Once that is done set your image's global printing preferences to ps
file and you should be in business.

Hmm,
if you only need this once you can copy the contents of the formatted
source pane to a workspace and use the workspace's hardcopy menu item
:-)

HTH,

Reinout
-------