how to add Columns and Rows in Table Widget / Columnar List Box

how to add Columns and Rows in Table Widget / Columnar List Box

Vilas Suvarnakar
hello Everyone,

I'm trying to implement Table Widget / Columnar List Box in my application.
but not able to add columns and rows dynamically.

Request for help on the same.

Regards,
Vilas

Re: how to add Columns and Rows in Table Widget / Columnar List Box

jtuchel
Vilas,

you didn't mention what exact GUI tool/framework you are using. Is it some Abt Visual Part, a WindowBuilder Application or some hand written Cw/EwWidgets code you try to extend?

Joachim

Am Montag, 29. Juli 2019 15:01:02 UTC+2 schrieb Vilas Suvarnakar:
hello Everyone,

I'm trying to implement Table Widget / Columnar List Box in my application.
but not able to add columns and rows dynamically.

Request for help on the same.

Regards,
Vilas

Re: how to add Columns and Rows in Table Widget / Columnar List Box

Vilas Suvarnakar
hi Joachim,

Good morning.

I'm using VASmalltalk ( installed 9.1 and Widget) and want to implement Table Widget / Columnar List Box in my Windows based application.

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,
Vilas

On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 7:50:45 PM UTC+5:30, Joachim Tuchel wrote:
Vilas,

you didn't mention what exact GUI tool/framework you are using. Is it some Abt Visual Part, a WindowBuilder Application or some hand written Cw/EwWidgets code you try to extend?

Joachim

Am Montag, 29. Juli 2019 15:01:02 UTC+2 schrieb Vilas Suvarnakar:
hello Everyone,

I'm trying to implement Table Widget / Columnar List Box in my application.
but not able to add columns and rows dynamically.

Request for help on the same.

Regards,
Vilas

Re: how to add Columns and Rows in Table Widget / Columnar List Box

jtuchel
Vilas,

your info is not enough. VA ST comes with at least 3 layers of GUI code, and you can possibly also use WindowBuilder, which is an add-on from Instantiations. Each of them offers more or less comfortable ways of doing what you want. Are your using the Composition Editor to visually construct your GUIs?

Which Widget are you using or planning to use? Or is this part of your question?

I guess once you specify, we can find a way of adding columns to a widget.

Joachim

Am Dienstag, 30. Juli 2019 06:55:33 UTC+2 schrieb Vilas Suvarnakar:
[...]

Seth Berman
Greetings,

Thank you Vilas for your question to our Instantiations support channel earlier this week concerning WidgetKit Pro.
I know one of our engineers had a few correspondents with you and got you official examples to get started.
If you require additional or custom technical support/training from us, you can send an email to [hidden email] and
we can get an engineer dedicated to helping you out.

Kind Regards,

- Seth

On Saturday, August 3, 2019 at 2:34:30 AM UTC-4, Joachim Tuchel wrote:
[...]

Yes, I'm using Composition Editor to visually construct GUI. I've added the Table Widget Control on my main UI Window. Please find the attached screenshot of the same.

MainUI.png

Please tell me the way how can we add columns and rows.

Thank you.

Regards,
Vilas

On Saturday, August 3, 2019 at 12:04:30 PM UTC+5:30, Joachim Tuchel wrote:
[...]

hi Seth,

Thank you for your mail.
I got the support for WidgetKit Pro and I've successfully added this into my application.

Regards,
Vilas

On Sunday, August 4, 2019 at 12:07:01 AM UTC+5:30, Seth Berman wrote:
Greetings,

Thank you Vilas for your question to our Instantiations support channel earlier this week concerning WidgetKit Pro.
I know one of our engineers had a few correspondents with you and got you official examples to get started.
If you require additional or custom technical support/training from us, you can send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="FSuWrMNgDgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">sa...@... and
[...]

Could you please guide me on this.

How can I create a application that has Table Widget Control with rows and columns in VASmalltalk.

Thank you for your support and cooperation.

Regards,
Vilas

On Sunday, August 4, 2019 at 10:11:05 AM UTC+5:30, Vilas Suvarnakar wrote:
[...]

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Vilas,

I'm guessing but I think you asked the question in a way that confused many of us.  Don't feel bad, we do it all the time.  From the image you posted (which for some reason I can no-longer view) it looks like you are in the development environment and that you chose a table widget icon from a column on the left and put it in the window.  If you look in that same column of widget icons you should find column widget icons, choose one of those, click on it and then click inside the table that is inside the window you are defining.  That should place a column in the table.  You can then click on the column change its settings.  Pay attention to the #width (the width of the column displayed) and #attributeName (the name of the method of the object used for the rows whose answer should be displayed in the column).

If I have guessed right, this should get you started and from there you can ask more questions.

Good luck.

Lou

On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 12:11:23 AM UTC-4, Vilas Suvarnakar wrote:
[...]

hi Lou,

Good morning.

I'm really sorry for confusing as I'm novice in this so may caused confusion.

I heartily thank you for your guidance. I am able to add columns successfully.
Now, I want to add rows and value to each cell, request you to guide me on this.

Have a great day and week ahead.

Regards,
Vilas

On Friday, August 9, 2019 at 12:55:41 AM UTC-4, VilaS wrote:
hi Lou,

Good morning.

I'm really sorry for confusing as I'm novice in this so may caused confusion.

No problem and no need to apologize, we all have the same problem from time to time.  I only mentioned as a way of explaining why it took so long for someone to help you.  There are many people on this forum both willing and able to help, they were just confused, as was I.

I heartily thank you for your guidance. I am able to add columns successfully.
Now, I want to add rows and value to each cell, request you to guide me on this.

Forgive me if I aim too low with my explanation as to what to do next.  Each row will be an instance of an object (probably a class you have defined) with the values you want to display in the columns.  Each value you want to display needs to have a corresponding instance method in the class.  You specify the name of that instance method in the #attributeName setting field of the column you want it displayed.  Most of the time that is enough for the table/column to display the value.  If it isn't, you will need to set a converter for the column.  There are lots of converters, they do things like format values for display, things like commas, digits to the right of the decimal, as such.

You will probably have a bunch of these objects that you want to display.  They should be in one of the collection classes like ans #Array or #OrderedCollection.  I would lean toward an #OrderedCollection as it is more powerful and easy to use.  You will then need to put the items in the collection in the table.  This happens at run time, something like this:

container := self subpartNamed: 'Vilas Table Widget'.
container items: collectionOfRowObjects.

This should get you started.  There is also probably a VA Smalltalk document that may help with this but I don't recall a name, maybe someone else will remember and post it.

Lou

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 10:22 AM Louis LaBrunda <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="5xw5yn4nBgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">L...@...> wrote:
[...]

I'll try it and update you the status.

Regards,
Vilas

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 7:09 PM Louis LaBrunda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I request you to kindly guide me on how to add code.
I tried to add the code in Edit part ( right click on control ) but not able to succeed.

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 11:23 AM VilaS <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

This User Guide should help you get started.

If you look in the lower right hand corner of your composition editor window you should see three circles inside three squares, click on the middle one.  That will bring you to an area where you can add instance variables and methods.

Sorry, that is all the time I have at the moment.  Good luck.

Lou

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 11:23 AM VilaS <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="3w81dgxrBwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">vilas.s...@...> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 7:09 PM Louis LaBrunda <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="3w81dgxrBwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">L...@...> wrote:
[...]

Mariano Martinez Peck-2

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:11 AM Louis LaBrunda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.