how to catch multiple value from a list in a select form?

how to catch multiple value from a list in a select form?

Hilaire Fernandes-3
I have found the following to not work as expected:

html attributes at: 'multiple' put: 'multiple'.
html openSelect.
IFIAdult functions do: [:afunction |
    html
       optionWithLabel: afunction
       callback: [teacher addFunction: afunction]] .
html closeTag: 'select'.

 From this code snippet it could be expect the callback to be called
several time with the selected values from the list, but this never
happen. If so, how can be catched the selected values?

Hilaire

Re: how to catch multiple value from a list in a select form?

Philippe Marschall
2007/3/25, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]>:

> I have found the following to not work as expected:
>
> html attributes at: 'multiple' put: 'multiple'.
> html openSelect.
> IFIAdult functions do: [:afunction |
>     html
>        optionWithLabel: afunction
>        callback: [teacher addFunction: afunction]] .
> html closeTag: 'select'.
>
>  From this code snippet it could be expect the callback to be called
> several time with the selected values from the list, but this never
> happen. If so, how can be catched the selected values?

IIRC Lukas fixed once a bug related to multiple select lists (or
implemented them at all). So probably they don't work in the old
renderer at all (need a hidden input or whatever). Just one more
reason to not use the old renderer, there are enough other because
this of course.

Philippe

Philippe Marschall a écrit :

> 2007/3/25, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]>:
>> I have found the following to not work as expected:
>>
>> html attributes at: 'multiple' put: 'multiple'.
>> html openSelect.
>> IFIAdult functions do: [:afunction |
>>     html
>>        optionWithLabel: afunction
>>        callback: [teacher addFunction: afunction]] .
>> html closeTag: 'select'.
>>
>>  From this code snippet it could be expect the callback to be called
>> several time with the selected values from the list, but this never
>> happen. If so, how can be catched the selected values?
>
> IIRC Lukas fixed once a bug related to multiple select lists (or
> implemented them at all). So probably they don't work in the old
> renderer at all (need a hidden input or whatever). Just one more
> reason to not use the old renderer, there are enough other because
> this of course.

Oops, I am afraid I don't know about old/new renderer. I have just look
at the doc on seaside.st.

Philippe Marschall a écrit :

> reason to not use the old renderer, there are enough other because
> this of course.

Oh yeah, the new canvas API looks more handy.

Thanks

Re: Re: how to catch multiple value from a list in a select form?

Lukas Renggli
> > reason to not use the old renderer, there are enough other because
> > this of course.
>
> Oh yeah, the new canvas API looks more handy.

And it supports multiple select lists natively. See the examples.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch