how to construct OLE interface classes OR html parsing

how to construct OLE interface classes OR html parsing

John Whittaker
Hello Dolphin experts.

I'm still a Dolphin (and Smalltalk) neophyte, but I'm getting up to speed.
I really think Dolphin is a wonderful development environment.   I have
created a simple class to obtain some financial information with Dolphin.
It uses WinInet to dial out and then connect to a URL and grab a string a
HTML data containing the financial information I want.  Of course, I then
need to extract the data from the HTML.  Is there a built-in, or previously
developed HTML parser class which works for Dolphin?

I am presently trying to figure out how to use the Explorer object model to
do the job.  I think you can use it for html parsing.  What I am lost on
presently is how to build a Dolphin interface to a COM server like Explorer.
I see the classes such as AXTypeLibraryAnalyzer, but I'm not sure if that is
what I need to use.   Any helpful pointers to some background on this?

Finally,  is there a regular expression class which is commonly used amongst
Smalltalk implementations?   It would be fairly simple to extract the
information "by hand" if I had a regular expression class (I've done similar
things in the past with Python and Dylan).  Regular expressions are so handy
and (I would think) ubiquitous that I am a little surprised that there isn't
a class built in to Dolphin.

TIA,

John Whittaker

Re: how to construct OLE interface classes OR html parsing

Steve Waring-2
> I am presently trying to figure out how to use the Explorer object model
> do the job.  I think you can use it for html parsing.  What I am lost on

Hi John,

I have a package that does this, if you are interested I will email it
through to you. It is a bit scratchy as I developed it in V3 using the beta
ActiveXControl package, and I have not done much work on integrating it into
V4. However it does work in V4, and may give you some ideas.

Steve
(swaring at ozemail dot com dot au)