how to contribute test to pharo

hilaire
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: how to contribute test to pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Hilaire. I dont understand your question.

If you want to contribute to test, just download the image you want, and test. If you find bugs, you report it.
To submit an issue: http://www.pharo-project.org/community/issue-tracking

If you are talking about submitting new tests or fixes to current tests, is the same process as submitting any code:

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute

I know this link was pointed from somewhere in the pharo website...but I don't find it.

Adrian?

Cheers

Mariano

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can't find any information in the website

Hilaire

Re: how to contribute test to pharo

very simple.
You picked some tests and check them
or write new ones and you published either in the inbox or in the PharoTaskForces if you need some times to hack with friends
when this is ok you tell us and open a ticket.

Stef

On Mar 28, 2010, at 10:34 PM, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> I can't find any information in the website
>
> Hilaire

Re: how to contribute test to pharo

laurent laffont
2010/3/28 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
Hi Hilaire. I dont understand your question.

If you want to contribute to test, just download the image you want, and test. If you find bugs, you report it.
To submit an issue: http://www.pharo-project.org/community/issue-tracking

If you are talking about submitting new tests or fixes to current tests, is the same process as submitting any code:

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute

And there's the screencast :) http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-contribute-to-pharo.html

Laurent Laffont

I know this link was pointed from somewhere in the pharo website...but I don't find it.

Adrian?

Cheers

Mariano

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can't find any information in the website

Hilaire

Re: how to contribute test to pharo

Adrian Lienhard

On Mar 29, 2010, at 09:07 , laurent laffont wrote:

> 2010/3/28 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi Hilaire. I dont understand your question.
>>
>> If you want to contribute to test, just download the image you want, and
>> test. If you find bugs, you report it.
>> To submit an issue: http://www.pharo-project.org/community/issue-tracking
>>
>> If you are talking about submitting new tests or fixes to current tests, is
>> the same process as submitting any code:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute
>>

> And there's the screencast :)
> http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-contribute-to-pharo.html

I added a FAQ entry with both links.

Adrian

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: how to contribute test to pharo

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Hilaire,

Which are the 3 FAQs you refer to?

We have exactly one [1] and if there are more we have to merge and delete them.

Adrian

[1] http://www.pharo-project.org/documentation/faq

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: how to contribute test to pharo

frankly I hate the google wiki
How can we get something with links that changed depending of the time they got changed...
this is an idiot concept.
You get no structure.
Stef

On Mar 29, 2010, at 21:27 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> frankly I hate the google wiki
> How can we get something with links that changed depending of the time they got changed...

Indeed. I changed to sort alphabetically. Is this better?

What we also could do is to have one entry point page that lists all of the important pages.

Adrian

> this is an idiot concept.
> You get no structure.
> Stef
> On Mar 29, 2010, at 7:35 PM, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
>
>> Well, it is difficult to find information from the web site (which does not look very sexy), for example there are 3 faq found in different location, why? I was looking at how to contribute unit test, at least where to send the test.
>>
>> A minimum taxonomy could help for new comer to find relevant information.
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer on the google wiki, it looks definitely helpful.
>>
>> Hilaire
>>
>> Mariano Martinez Peck a écrit :
>>> Hi Hilaire. I dont understand your question.
>>> If you want to contribute to test, just download the image you want, and test. If you find bugs, you report it.
>>> To submit an issue: http://www.pharo-project.org/community/issue-tracking
>>> If you are talking about submitting new tests or fixes to current tests, is the same process as submitting any code:
>>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute
>>> I know this link was pointed from somewhere in the pharo website...but I don't find it.
>>> Adrian?
>>> Cheers
>>> Mariano
>>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>   I can't find any information in the website
>>>   Hilaire

Re: how to contribute test to pharo

Stéphane Ducasse

On Mar 29, 2010, at 9:39 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2010, at 21:27 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> frankly I hate the google wiki
>> How can we get something with links that changed depending of the time they got changed...
>
> Indeed. I changed to sort alphabetically. Is this better?

could we make sure that the order is the one we want and it stays the same?

> What we also could do is to have one entry point page that lists all of the important pages.

Yes

On Mar 29, 2010, at 21:48 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2010, at 9:39 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>

>> On Mar 29, 2010, at 21:27 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> frankly I hate the google wiki
>>> How can we get something with links that changed depending of the time they got changed...
>>
>> Indeed. I changed to sort alphabetically. Is this better?
>
> could we make sure that the order is the one we want and it stays the same?

You can only set a column to sort with. Of course, a hack would be to give a column with priorities: 1, 2, ...

Adrian