how to create new PRValueLink

LawsonEnglish
  I'm subclassing PRValueLink in order to add new +value:xxx+ markup
capabilities.

However, when I subclass it, it seems to disable all +value:xxx+ markups
period.

All I did was create a new MyValueLink>>awgValuesIn: aContext
     " example "
     | |
<value: 'awgValues' comment: 'Sample Markup valueLInk for AWG.'>

     ^'oops'

"oops" never shows and all the existing +value:xxx+ now show "xxx"

What am I doing wrong?

Lawson

Re: how to create new PRValueLink

Lukas Renggli
> What am I doing wrong?

Don't subclass. Extend.

Lukas

On 30 September 2010 00:01, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I'm subclassing PRValueLink in order to add new +value:xxx+ markup
> capabilities.
>
> However, when I subclass it, it seems to disable all +value:xxx+ markups
> period.
>
> All I did was create a new MyValueLink>>awgValuesIn: aContext
>    " example "
>    | |
> <value: 'awgValues' comment: 'Sample Markup valueLInk for AWG.'>
>
>    ^'oops'
>

> "oops" never shows and all the existing +value:xxx+ now show "xxx"
>

> What am I doing wrong?
>

> Lawson

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: how to create new PRValueLink

LawsonEnglish
  Still a newbie in many ways How do I extend instead of subclass?

Is that related to traits? not sure how to use those...

Lawson

On 9/29/10 3:05 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> What am I doing wrong?
> Don't subclass. Extend.
>
> Lukas
>
> On 30 September 2010 00:01, Lawson English<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>   I'm subclassing PRValueLink in order to add new +value:xxx+ markup
>> capabilities.
>>
>> However, when I subclass it, it seems to disable all +value:xxx+ markups
>> period.
>>
>> All I did was create a new MyValueLink>>awgValuesIn: aContext
>>     " example "
>>     | |
>> <value: 'awgValues' comment: 'Sample Markup valueLInk for AWG.'>
>>
>>     ^'oops'
>>

>> "oops" never shows and all the existing +value:xxx+ now show "xxx"
>>

>> What am I doing wrong?
>>

>> Lawson

Re: how to create new PRValueLink

LawsonEnglish
  On 9/29/10 3:05 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> What am I doing wrong?
> Don't subclass. Extend.

OK, put PRValuesLink>>awgValuesIn: aContext
     "example"

<value: 'awgValues' comment: 'Sample Markup valueLInk for AWG.'>

     ^'oops'

into category *AWG-test

However, while the old +value:xxx+  links are working again,

+value:awgValues+   still shows "awgValues"   in the webpage, not "oops"

:-/

Lawson

Re: how to create new PRValueLink

LawsonEnglish
  Found the issue. the <value: 'awgvalues' ... > has to be lower case,
not camel case.