how to deal with unions?

Diaz Cortez-2
hi everybody
 i need to implement structures in dolphin , but one of them is
 is union
 how i' do for it?

 some ideas ?

 best regards.
 Diaz Cortez Marcelo

Pd: i have  got a knowledge-Database from  the old list the
news.newcastle.ca where some threads talk about this topic, but i only
have the headers , can you tell me how to obtain  the  body of this
messages ?.
and all of them.

TIA.

Re: how to deal with unions?

Ian Bartholomew-4
Hi,

>  i need to implement structures in dolphin , but one of them is
>  is union
>  how i' do for it?
>
>  some ideas ?

There is a page in the EducationCentre (in D4 anyway) that details this. See
Dolphin Developers Guide/External Interfacing/External Field Types/Unions.

Basically you define the structure by giving offsets to all the fields with
the items in the union all being given the same offset. You just have to
make sure the offsets allow for the largest union member.

See TYPEDESC class>>defineFields for an example

> Pd: i have  got a knowledge-Database from  the old list the
> news.newcastle.ca where some threads talk about this topic, but i only
> have the headers , can you tell me how to obtain  the  body of this
> messages ?.
> and all of them.

All previous messages are kept as text files on my web site. You can either
read them in a text editor or download one of two Dolphin packages (Bill's
DSDN or my NewsBrowser). Attachments to the original message are not
included in the archive but I do keep copies of those - you have to mail me
if you want one.

http://www.iandb.org.uk/news

Re: how to deal with unions?

Diaz Cortez-2