how to embed a MooseFinder in another browser?

how to embed a MooseFinder in another browser?

Fabrizio Perin-3
Hi,
I was wondering how to open a MooseFinder on an element selected in another browser. I tried something like this:

browser := GLMTabulator new.
    browser
        column: #functions;
        column:#finder.
    browser transmit
        to: #functions;
        andShow: [ :a |
            a list
            title: 'Functions';
            display: [:each | each ]].
    browser transmit
        to: #finder;
        from: #functions;
        andShow: [ :a |
            a finder
                title: [:each | each mooseName];
    ^ browser

but I don't know how to proceed (this is why I added the dots).

Any suggestion? Am I doing it the wrong way?

Cheers,
Fabrizio

Re: how to embed a MooseFinder in another browser?

Ben Coman
Fabrizio Perin wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering how to open a MooseFinder on an element selected in another
> browser. I tried something like this:
>
> browser := GLMTabulator new.
>     browser
>         column: #functions;
>         column:#finder.
>     browser transmit
>         to: #functions;
>         andShow: [ :a |
>             a list
>             title: 'Functions';
>             display: [:each | each ]].
>     browser transmit
>         to: #finder;
>         from: #functions;
>         andShow: [ :a |
>             a finder
>                 title: [:each | each mooseName];
>     ^ browser
>
> but I don't know how to proceed (this is why I added the dots).
>
> Any suggestion? Am I doing it the wrong way?
>
> Cheers,
> Fabrizio

Try this from Workspace?

| browser finder |
browser := GLMTabulator new.
finder := GLMFinder new.

finder show: [:a | a list display: [ :x | 1 to: x ]].

browser
      column: #functions;
      column: #finder.
browser transmit to: #functions; andShow:
    [ :a |
            a list
            title: 'Functions';
            display:   [:each | each ]
    ].
browser transmit to: #finder; from: #functions; andShow:
    [ :a |
        a custom: finder
    ].
browser openOn: (1 to: 100).

Re: how to embed a MooseFinder in another browser?

Fabrizio Perin-3
Hi,
thanks a lot, that wasn't exactly what I meant but gave me a hint. So I did

| browser |

browser := GLMTabulator new.
browser
    column: #functions;
    column: #finder.
browser transmit to: #functions; andShow:
  [ :a |
          a list
          title: 'Functions';
          display:   [:each | each ]
  ].
browser transmit
        to: #finder;
        from: #functions port: #selection;
        andShow: [ :a | a custom: (MooseFinder startOn: a)].
browser openOn: (1 to: 100).

And, Ta DAAA! The MooseFinder automagically open on the element you selected. I say automagically because "a" should be a presentation not the selected element, this is why I got stuck in the first place. I could figure out how to reached the object selected in the other panel and pass it to MooseFinder.

Anyway, thanks again.

Cheers,
Fabrizio

2012/3/27 Ben Coman <[hidden email]>
Fabrizio Perin wrote:
[...]

Tudor Girba-2
Excellent, Fabrizio!

Could you add this as an example in GLMBasicExamples?

Doru

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Fabrizio Perin
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>>                title: [:each | each mooseName];
>>>    ^ browser
>>>
>>> but I don't know how to proceed (this is why I added the dots).
>>>
>>> Any suggestion? Am I doing it the wrong way?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Fabrizio
>>>

>> Try this from Workspace?
>>
>> | browser finder |
>> browser := GLMTabulator new.
>> finder := GLMFinder new.
>>
>> finder show: [:a | a list display: [ :x | 1 to: x ]].
>>

>> browser
>>     column: #functions;
>>     column: #finder.
>> browser transmit to: #functions; andShow:
>>   [ :a |
>>           a list
>>           title: 'Functions';
>>           display:   [:each | each ]
>>   ].
>> browser transmit to: #finder; from: #functions; andShow:       [ :a |

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: how to embed a MooseFinder in another browser?

Fabrizio Perin-3
Yes I can. Anyway this do not explain how you go from a presentation to the actual element.

PS: the last sentence of my previous mail was meant to be:
I could NOT figure out how to reached the object selected in the other panel and pass it to MooseFinder.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
>>>                title: [:each | each mooseName];
>>>    ^ browser
>>>
>>> but I don't know how to proceed (this is why I added the dots).
>>>
>>> Any suggestion? Am I doing it the wrong way?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Fabrizio
>>>

>> Try this from Workspace?
>>
>> | browser finder |
>> browser := GLMTabulator new.
>> finder := GLMFinder new.
>>
>> finder show: [:a | a list display: [ :x | 1 to: x ]].
>>

>> browser
>>     column: #functions;
>>     column: #finder.
>> browser transmit to: #functions; andShow:
>>   [ :a |
>>           a list
>>           title: 'Functions';
>>           display:   [:each | each ]
>>   ].
>> browser transmit to: #finder; from: #functions; andShow:       [ :a |

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"