how to find 'knownName'?

Peter K.H. Gragert
Hallo,
Trying to implement the Laser-Game to Pharo I am at the moment stuck at
[code]findLaserPathCounter
    ^ self allMorphs
        detect: [:t1 | t1 knownName = 'laserPath']
        ifNone: []
[/code]

It works in Squeak (1.4)
My question is: How do I find the definition of knownName in Squeak ( to fileout and transfer to Pharo)???

It seems to be a method for Morphs   but I think I need to know how to question Smalltalk to find a definition
of a method with the help of a 'Systembrowser' ?

Greets
      Peter

Re: how to find 'knownName'?

Paul DeBruicker
You want the 'Implementors' of # knownName (every place knownName is defined).

In Squeak 4.3 you can search for them by typing knownName and hitting enter into the search box at the top right or by selecting the method name and right-clicking and choosing 'implementors'

Which version of squeak are you using?

On Sep 25, 2012, at 10:12 PM, "Peter K.H.tion N"<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hallo,
> Trying to implement the Laser-Game to Pharo I am at the moment stuck at
> [code]findLaserPathCounter
>     ^ self allMorphs
>         detect: [:t1 | t1 knownName = 'laserPath']
>         ifNone: []
> [/code]
>
> It works in Squeak (1.4)
> My question is: How do I find the definition of knownName in Squeak ( to fileout and transfer to Pharo)???
>
> It seems to be a method for Morphs   but I think I need to know how to question Smalltalk to find a definition
> of a method with the help of a 'Systembrowser' ?
>
> Greets
>       Peter

Re: how to find 'knownName'?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
In Pharo, you can just command-click on it, or select it and press command-m, or use the menu.

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

On 26 Sep 2012, at 07:49, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You want the 'Implementors' of # knownName (every place knownName is defined).
>
> In Squeak 4.3 you can search for them by typing knownName and hitting enter into the search box at the top right or by selecting the method name and right-clicking and choosing 'implementors'
>
> Which version of squeak are you using?
>

> On Sep 25, 2012, at 10:12 PM, "Peter K.H.tion N"<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hallo,
>> Trying to implement the Laser-Game to Pharo I am at the moment stuck at
>> [code]findLaserPathCounter
>>    ^ self allMorphs
>>        detect: [:t1 | t1 knownName = 'laserPath']
>>        ifNone: []
>> [/code]
>>
>> It works in Squeak (1.4)
>> My question is: How do I find the definition of knownName in Squeak ( to fileout and transfer to Pharo)???
>>
>> It seems to be a method for Morphs   but I think I need to know how to question Smalltalk to find a definition
>> of a method with the help of a 'Systembrowser' ?
>>
>> Greets
>>      Peter

Re: how to find 'knownName'?

Peter K.H. Gragert
Dear Paul and Sven
In Squeak 1.4 there is indeed top right a searchbox.
The image with running Laser-Game is first not for developers, but changing there is no searchbox to be seen. Luckily I discovered to open flaps (which I would like to have in Pharo too ;-) and there on the Tools-flap there was a 'find methods' possibility: so knownName found ;-)
Now trying in (NBCoc)PHaro ;-)  command m for 'implementors' found :;)

Thanks guys!
      Peter

2012/9/26 Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>
In Pharo, you can just command-click on it, or select it and press command-m, or use the menu.

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu
Smalltalk is the Red Pill

On 26 Sep 2012, at 07:49, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You want the 'Implementors' of # knownName (every place knownName is defined).
>
> In Squeak 4.3 you can search for them by typing knownName and hitting enter into the search box at the top right or by selecting the method name and right-clicking and choosing 'implementors'
>
> Which version of squeak are you using?
>

> On Sep 25, 2012, at 10:12 PM, "Peter K.H.tion N"<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hallo,
>> Trying to implement the Laser-Game to Pharo I am at the moment stuck at
>> [code]findLaserPathCounter
>>    ^ self allMorphs
>>        detect: [:t1 | t1 knownName = 'laserPath']
>>        ifNone: []
>> [/code]
>>
>> It works in Squeak (1.4)
>> My question is: How do I find the definition of knownName in Squeak ( to fileout and transfer to Pharo)???
>>
>> It seems to be a method for Morphs   but I think I need to know how to question Smalltalk to find a definition
>> of a method with the help of a 'Systembrowser' ?
>>
>> Greets
>>      Peter

Re: how to find 'knownName'?

Stéphane Ducasse
there is the finder in the tools menu.
When you know the code of Flaps you do not want to have them :)

Stef

On Sep 26, 2012, at 6:17 PM, Peter K.H. Gragert wrote:

> Dear Paul and Sven
> In Squeak 1.4 there is indeed top right a searchbox.
> The image with running Laser-Game is first not for developers, but changing there is no searchbox to be seen. Luckily I discovered to open flaps (which I would like to have in Pharo too ;-) and there on the Tools-flap there was a 'find methods' possibility: so knownName found ;-)
> Now trying in (NBCoc)PHaro ;-)  command m for 'implementors' found :;)
>
> Thanks guys!
>       Peter
>
> 2012/9/26 Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>
> In Pharo, you can just command-click on it, or select it and press command-m, or use the menu.
>
> --
> Sven Van Caekenberghe
> http://stfx.eu
> Smalltalk is the Red Pill
>
> On 26 Sep 2012, at 07:49, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > You want the 'Implementors' of # knownName (every place knownName is defined).
> >
> > In Squeak 4.3 you can search for them by typing knownName and hitting enter into the search box at the top right or by selecting the method name and right-clicking and choosing 'implementors'
> >
> > Which version of squeak are you using?
> >

> > On Sep 25, 2012, at 10:12 PM, "Peter K.H.tion N"<[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hallo,
> >> Trying to implement the Laser-Game to Pharo I am at the moment stuck at
> >> [code]findLaserPathCounter
> >>    ^ self allMorphs
> >>        detect: [:t1 | t1 knownName = 'laserPath']
> >>        ifNone: []
> >> [/code]
> >>
> >> It works in Squeak (1.4)
> >> My question is: How do I find the definition of knownName in Squeak ( to fileout and transfer to Pharo)???
> >>
> >> It seems to be a method for Morphs   but I think I need to know how to question Smalltalk to find a definition
> >> of a method with the help of a 'Systembrowser' ?
> >>
> >> Greets
> >>      Peter

Re: how to find 'knownName'?

Peter K.H. Gragert
Aha, so so ;-)
Indeed, if I know how to do ...  directly what is found in 'flaps' then (may) be flaps are superflouos. But as a newbie ...(though learning ... is going on).
Greets
  Peter