how to find undeclareds of the form Core.foo

1 message Options

how to find undeclareds of the form Core.foo

Stevenson, Dave (contr)
[vwnc] how to find undeclareds of the form Core.foo

In VW 7.6, if I compile a method with this expression:

        Core.foo halt.

I get a warning that the variable is undefined. However, it does not show up in the undeclared inspector. How can I find such references to clean them up?

It's frustrating that such references are created by the RB when moving classes to a different namespace. One example where it happens is when B is the superclass of C, C is the superclass of A, some method of A directly references an ivar defined in B, and all 3 classes are moved to another namespace. I'm not sure of the order of the move, because I just select them all in the RB. But in case they are moved in alphabetical order, I named the example hierarchy to match:

Before:

        aMethodInA

                anIvarOfB := nil

After:

        aMethodInA

                OldNamespaceOfB.anIvarOfB := nil

I cannot get it to happen every time, but at least sometimes we get these odd references.

Stevenson, Dave (contr) <[hidden email]>

Smalltalk Developer

Manufacturing Execution System (MES) / Shop Floor Control
El Segundo: 310-524-5771