how to generate pdf

pablo digonzelli
Hi , someone know how to generate a pdf file from dolphin ?
TIA

Re: how to generate pdf

Ingo Blank
"pablo digonzelli" <[hidden email]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:9ecvcs$293u3$[hidden email]...
> Hi , someone know how to generate a pdf file from dolphin ?
> TIA

First ask yourself how to generate a pdf file *without* Dolphin.
If you can answer this question, you probably already know how to generate a
pdf file *from/with* Dolphin.
Besides, there are a lot of possibilities and you should specify a little
more in detail what kind of data(text,pictures,URLs,etc.) you want to
convert to pdf and what is their input format.

Regards
Ingo

Re: how to generate pdf

pablo digonzelli
Ingo, you are right.

Really my problem i about to generate PDF'S files.
I know that if you see that kind of  files there something like macros
inside or may be an scripting language.
I need information about it. A manual or a paper explain it.
What I need i.e is make simple reports , tabular reports but with diferent
fonts and colors and may be
include a logo inside.

I hope I was more  clear now.
Thanks for your answer
Pablo

"Ingo Blank" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:3b0a6450$0$18556$[hidden email]...

> "pablo digonzelli" <[hidden email]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:9ecvcs$293u3$[hidden email]...
> > Hi , someone know how to generate a pdf file from dolphin ?
> > TIA
> >
> First ask yourself how to generate a pdf file *without* Dolphin.
> If you can answer this question, you probably already know how to generate

> pdf file *from/with* Dolphin.
> Besides, there are a lot of possibilities and you should specify a little
> more in detail what kind of data(text,pictures,URLs,etc.) you want to
> convert to pdf and what is their input format.
>
> Regards
> Ingo

Re: how to generate pdf

Jerry Bell
I ported a package called SPDF a couple of years ago- it is probably pretty
close to what you're looking for.  It even has some interesting report
features that I haven't looked into much- in fact I really haven't done much
with it since the initial port.

Robert Jarvis has since worked with it and fixed several things that were
broken.  The latest version I have is (I think) from 9/15/2000, I'm sending
it in a seperate mail since I can't post attachments through my news server.
He may have a newer version now.  Some other people may have worked on it as
well- my machine at home is currently comatose and my mail archives (plus
any more recent versions of the package) are all there :(

There are a lot of interesting looking reporting-type features in there too-
I wish I had the time to pursue it further.  Hopefully the package I'm
sending will load and run in 4.0 fine.

Jerry Bell
[hidden email]

"pablo digonzelli" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:9edop7$2erbq$[hidden email]...

> Ingo, you are right.
>
> Really my problem i about to generate PDF'S files.
> I know that if you see that kind of  files there something like macros
> inside or may be an scripting language.
> I need information about it. A manual or a paper explain it.
> What I need i.e is make simple reports , tabular reports but with diferent
> fonts and colors and may be
> include a logo inside.
>
> I hope I was more  clear now.
> Thanks for your answer
> Pablo
>
> "Ingo Blank" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:3b0a6450$0$18556$[hidden email]...
> >
> > "pablo digonzelli" <[hidden email]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:9ecvcs$293u3$[hidden email]...
> > > Hi , someone know how to generate a pdf file from dolphin ?
> > > TIA
> > >
> > First ask yourself how to generate a pdf file *without* Dolphin.
> > If you can answer this question, you probably already know how to
generate
> > pdf file *from/with* Dolphin.
> > Besides, there are a lot of possibilities and you should specify a
little

> > more in detail what kind of data(text,pictures,URLs,etc.) you want to
> > convert to pdf and what is their input format.
> >
> > Regards
> > Ingo

Re: how to generate pdf

Dean Powell-3
See below...

"pablo digonzelli" <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:<9edop7$2erbq$[hidden email]>...

> Ingo, you are right.
>
> Really my problem i about to generate PDF'S files.
> I know that if you see that kind of  files there something like macros
> inside or may be an scripting language.
> I need information about it. A manual or a paper explain it.
> What I need i.e is make simple reports , tabular reports but with diferent
> fonts and colors and may be
> include a logo inside.
>
> I hope I was more  clear now.
> Thanks for your answer
> Pablo
>
> "Ingo Blank" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:3b0a6450$0$18556$[hidden email]...
> >
> > "pablo digonzelli" <[hidden email]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:9ecvcs$293u3$[hidden email]...
> > > Hi , someone know how to generate a pdf file from dolphin ?
> > > TIA
> > >
> > First ask yourself how to generate a pdf file *without* Dolphin.
> > If you can answer this question, you probably already know how to generate
> > pdf file *from/with* Dolphin.
> > Besides, there are a lot of possibilities and you should specify a little
> > more in detail what kind of data(text,pictures,URLs,etc.) you want to
> > convert to pdf and what is their input format.
> >
> > Regards
> > Ingo

Hi, Paolo:

The current PDF specification (1.3) can be found on the web in several
places.  I think the best overall resource for investigating file
layout specs is at http://www.wotsit.org.  Try the following ling
directly: http://www.wotsit.org/download.asp?f=pdfspec

If this doesn't work, just search for "pdf" on the main Wotsit page
and you'll find it.  You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader or similar
PDF file reader.  A word of warning, the specification and related
examples run over 500(!) pages.  The actual layout, though, is pretty
straightforward.  I've done a small bit of research into creating PDF
files using various languages (REBOL and Smalltalk being two), but
haven't got much to show for the efforts, yet.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Dean Powell
Edmonton, Canada

Re: how to generate pdf

Jeffrey Odell-2
I believe COM objects are supported - perhaps they have all the
functionality you need.  Dolphin does a nice job of wrapping them -

jlo

"pablo digonzelli" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:9ecvcs$293u3$[hidden email]...
> Hi , someone know how to generate a pdf file from dolphin ?
> TIA

Re: how to generate pdf

Ingo Blank
"pablo digonzelli" <[hidden email]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:9edop7$2erbq$[hidden email]...

> Ingo, you are right.
>
> Really my problem i about to generate PDF'S files.
> I know that if you see that kind of  files there something like macros
> inside or may be an scripting language.
> I need information about it. A manual or a paper explain it.
> What I need i.e is make simple reports , tabular reports but with diferent
> fonts and colors and may be
> include a logo inside.
>
> I hope I was more  clear now.
> Thanks for your answer
> Pablo

Pablo,

maybe it's worth to consider doing it outside of Dolphin, though you can of
course launch from Dolphin what you want ;-)

I recommend looking at things like TeX (Package dvipdfm) and Ghostscript. A
PDF specification you can find at Adobe's WebSite.

Bye
Ingo