how to get nice native fonts in 1.0

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi

I have to give some demos of seaside today and I would like to have nice fonts in 1.0
and I cannot find the preferences to say that the fonts can be looked up on my disc.
and I'm looking for some nice combination (but the code snippets on the wiki do not work).

Re: [Pharo-project] how to get nice native fonts in 1.0

Damien Cassou
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have to give some demos of seaside today and I would like to have nice fonts in 1.0
> and I cannot find the preferences to say that the fonts can be looked up on my disc.
> and I'm looking for some nice combination (but the code snippets on the wiki do not work).

 FreeTypeFontProvider current updateFromSystem.

   font := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans' pointSize: 10.
   codeFont := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans Mono' pointSize: 9.
   titleFont := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans' pointSize: 11.

   Preferences
    setListFontTo: font;
    setMenuFontTo: font;
    setCodeFontTo: codeFont;
    setButtonFontTo: font;
    setSystemFontTo: font;
    setWindowTitleFontTo: titleFont.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: [Pharo-project] how to get nice native fonts in 1.0

Mariano Martinez Peck
Be aware need a "Fonts" folder if you don't have DejaVu isntalled in your OS.

Stef, which image are you going to use ? PharoCore, PharoDev, Seaside one click ?

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have to give some demos of seaside today and I would like to have nice fonts in 1.0
> and I cannot find the preferences to say that the fonts can be looked up on my disc.
> and I'm looking for some nice combination (but the code snippets on the wiki do not work).

 FreeTypeFontProvider current updateFromSystem.

  font := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans' pointSize: 10.
  codeFont := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans Mono' pointSize: 9.
  titleFont := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans' pointSize: 11.

  Preferences
       setListFontTo: font;
       setMenuFontTo: font;
       setCodeFontTo: codeFont;
       setButtonFontTo: font;
       setSystemFontTo: font;
       setWindowTitleFontTo: titleFont.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: [Pharo-project] how to get nice native fonts in 1.0

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Jan 20, 2010, at 8:48 10AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have to give some demos of seaside today and I would like to have nice fonts in 1.0
> and I cannot find the preferences to say that the fonts can be looked up on my disc.
>

> Stef

I don't think there is one...
If Native fonts don't show up in the selection list, or they do, but are preview-rendered as Accuny, pressing the Update button should do the trick.

Cheers,
Henry

Re: [Pharo-project] how to get nice native fonts in 1.0

Tudor Girba
Hi Stef,

If you load the Setup package from the http://www.squeaksource.com/
setup, you get in the ImageSetup class some scripts I use for setting
up fonts.

For presentations I typically use:

Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'setup';
        package: 'Setup';
        load.
(Smalltalk at: #ImageSetup) new girbaSmallDemoFontsSetting

Cheers,
Doru

On 20 Jan 2010, at 09:34, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Be aware need a "Fonts" folder if you don't have DejaVu isntalled in
> your OS.
>
> Stef, which image are you going to use ? PharoCore, PharoDev,
> Seaside one click ?
>
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I have to give some demos of seaside today and I would like to
> have nice fonts in 1.0
> > and I cannot find the preferences to say that the fonts can be
> looked up on my disc.
> > and I'm looking for some nice combination (but the code snippets
> on the wiki do not work).
>
>  FreeTypeFontProvider current updateFromSystem.
>
>   font := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans' pointSize: 10.
>   codeFont := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans Mono' pointSize: 9.
>   titleFont := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans' pointSize: 11.
>
>   Preferences
>        setListFontTo: font;
>        setMenuFontTo: font;
>        setCodeFontTo: codeFont;
>        setButtonFontTo: font;
>        setSystemFontTo: font;
>        setWindowTitleFontTo: titleFont.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

www.tudorgirba.com

"Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that
happen. They both matter."

Re: [Pharo-project] how to get nice native fonts in 1.0

Simon Denier-3

On 20 janv. 2010, at 09:27, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have to give some demos of seaside today and I would like to have nice fonts in 1.0
>> and I cannot find the preferences to say that the fonts can be looked up on my disc.
>> and I'm looking for some nice combination (but the code snippets on the wiki do not work).
>
> FreeTypeFontProvider current updateFromSystem.
>
>   font := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans' pointSize: 10.
>   codeFont := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans Mono' pointSize: 9.
>   titleFont := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans' pointSize: 11.
>
>   Preferences
>   setListFontTo: font;
>   setMenuFontTo: font;
>   setCodeFontTo: codeFont;
>   setButtonFontTo: font;
>   setSystemFontTo: font;
>   setWindowTitleFontTo: titleFont.

Yep, this is more or less the script I use in my images (Pharo 1.0)

--
 Simon

Screen shot 2010-01-20 at 10.48.37.png (193K) Download Attachment

Re: [Pharo-project] how to get nice native fonts in 1.0

Stéphane Ducasse
tx

Stef