how to import a grammar file into Pharo

Jen D'Souza
Greetings all,

I'd really appreciate if someone could guide me through importing PetitIsland.st (http://mucca.inf.usi.ch/source-code.html) into Pharo and parsing a text file containing a mix of code and natural language with the resulting parser.

Thanks in advance!

Jen

Re: how to import a grammar file into Pharo

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 21/02/16 22:22, Jen D'Souza wrote:
> I'd really appreciate if someone could guide me through importing
> PetitIsland.st (http://mucca.inf.usi.ch/source-code.html) into Pharo and
> parsing a text file containing a mix of code and natural language with
> the resulting parser.

Island parsing is now a standard part of the moose image. That is
probably the easiest download to work with. Migrating the other parts of
mucca can be somewhat more work. The web application part of it probably
translates well as it looks like a standard Seaside application. Glorp
is available, I'm not aware of MetaDB, TwoFlower is a simple web
browser. In Pharo we used to have Scamper, but I don't know if that
still runs. PetitJava is loaded in Moose, PetitSTrace should be easy to
port. Miller2 is somewhat larger and might be tightly coupled to VW code.

Stephan

On 22/02/16 05:30, Jen D'Souza wrote:
> Many thanks!

I hope it helps. I tried the Mucca virtualbox image,
and it uses a lot of old packages, so I'd expect lots of small issues in
migrating

Stephan

Re: how to import a grammar file into Pharo

stepharo
pay attention VW code is not Pharo code.

Jen