how to install opendbx on mac lion?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I am having difficulties with installing OpenDBX on Mac Lion. Given that I did not find any binaries for Mac, I am following the instructions from:
http://www.linuxnetworks.de/doc/index.php/OpenDBX/Setup/Unix-like/Building_from_source

I downloaded version 1.4.5, and I ran in the shell:
./configure --with-backends="mysql pgsql sqlite3"

The problem is that when trying there seems to be a problem with gcc. I saw that gcc is in /Developer/usr/bin, so I added it to the bash path, but it tells me that the gcc is not working.

Looking at the attached config.log it seems to say that it needs a gcc version 5, but with my Lion installation I have 4.2.1.

Could anyone help?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

config.log (9K) Download Attachment

Re: how to install opendbx on mac lion?

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am having difficulties with installing OpenDBX on Mac Lion. Given that I did not find any binaries for Mac, I am following the instructions from:
http://www.linuxnetworks.de/doc/index.php/OpenDBX/Setup/Unix-like/Building_from_source

I downloaded version 1.4.5, and I ran in the shell:
./configure --with-backends="mysql pgsql sqlite3"

Hi Doru. Which backend do you need? all of those 3?
Anyway, I would go one by one...

The problem is that when trying there seems to be a problem with gcc. I saw that gcc is in /Developer/usr/bin, so I added it to the bash path, but it tells me that the gcc is not working.

Looking at the attached config.log it seems to say that it needs a gcc version 5, but with my Lion installation I have 4.2.1.

configure:3972: gcc --version >&5
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

I think gcc 4.2.1 is fine, so I have no clue :(

Could anyone help?

Maybe Esteban can help.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: how to install opendbx on mac lion?

Colin Doherty
Hi,

This is how I installed OpenDBX on Mac Lion, with Oracle backend, hope
it helps:

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/instantclient10_2
ORACLE_HOME=/usr/local/instantclient10_2
TNS_ADMIN=/usr/local/instantclient10_2/tns

CFLAGS="-m32" CPPFLAGS="-m32 -I/usr/local/instantclient10_2/sdk/
include"
LDFLAGS="-arch i386 -L/usr/local/instantclient10_2" ./configure --
disable-utils --with-backends=oracle
make
make install

Cheers