how to modify playground storage

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

is there a way to customize the save/restore mechanism of Playground?
Because Playground is #1 place where I consistently lose code.
If the image crashes (rare) or freezes (quite common) then I almost never get the code back which is quite annoying.
Right now I have an external text editor to which I copy&paste the code frequently… which is _very_ stupid.

I would like to have it persisted on the disk at least every time the contents gets evaluated, optimally every time I have a usable code.

Ideally if this would be done on Playground side; but if that's a long shot, is there a way to hook into the saving mechanism and implement it myself?
That would also allow some platform-specific customizations, like storing every change to /dev/shm (ramdisk) so I can do a meaningful undo/redo.

Thanks,
Peter

Re: how to modify playground storage

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The code from the Playground gets automatically saved every time the text changes. You can find the script in play-cache. Does this behavior fit your needs?

Indeed, there is not versioning. At least not yet. We would like to add this in the future.

The only thing you can set for now is the target directory of the play-cache. Is this enough?

Cheers,
Doru

On Jun 15, 2016, at 4:59 PM, Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"What we can governs what we wish."