how to replicate from VW installation directories?

how to replicate from VW installation directories?

Ken G. Brown
How can you connect to the VW installation directories like the launcher/Parcel manager does, in order to use the replicator tool on it?

What is the magic incantation?

Thx,
Ken G. Brown

Re: EM04 Spam: how to replicate from VW installation directories?

Tom Robinson-3
Ken,

The replicator is a database replicator, not a file system replicator.
It can only move bundles and packages from one database repository to
another database repository.

On 10/23/13 9:19 AM, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> How can you connect to the VW installation directories like the launcher/Parcel manager does, in order to use the replicator tool on it?
>
> What is the magic incantation?
>
> Thx,
> Ken G. Brown

Re: EM04 Spam: how to replicate from VW installation directories?

Ken G. Brown
Ok, that explains it.
Thx.
   Ken

On 2013-10-23, at 10:02 AM, Tom Robinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ken,
>
> The replicator is a database replicator, not a file system replicator. It can only move bundles and packages from one database repository to another database repository.
>
> On 10/23/13 9:19 AM, Ken G. Brown wrote:
>> How can you connect to the VW installation directories like the launcher/Parcel manager does, in order to use the replicator tool on it?
>>
>> What is the magic incantation?
>>
>> Thx,
>> Ken G. Brown

Re: EM04 Spam: how to replicate from VW installation directories?

Tom Robinson-3
If you would like those packages available in more than a single
repository, you could load them into an image and publish them with a
version like "VW 7.x release". They would then be replicateable....

On 10/23/13 10:07 AM, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> Ok, that explains it.
> Thx.
>     Ken
>
> On 2013-10-23, at 10:02 AM, Tom Robinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ken,
>>
>> The replicator is a database replicator, not a file system replicator. It can only move bundles and packages from one database repository to another database repository.
>>
>> On 10/23/13 9:19 AM, Ken G. Brown wrote:
>>> How can you connect to the VW installation directories like the launcher/Parcel manager does, in order to use the replicator tool on it?
>>>
>>> What is the magic incantation?
>>>
>>> Thx,
>>> Ken G. Brown

Re: EM04 Spam: how to replicate from VW installation directories?

Ken G. Brown
Good idea, so far I am setting up a subset of our vw prerequisites in a separate vw7.9.1 repo to make it easier to manage and upgrade to a later vw release when the time comes.
Thx,
   Ken