how to stop popups in Methods Pane

Theo Pronk
Hi, when browsing methods using either the System or Class Browser an
annoying "yellow info box" pops up whenever the mouse hovers over
method names in the method pane (it also happens in the class hierarchy
pane and some other places but isn't as annoying).

I've looked though Dolphin preferences and even Windows folder view
options but can't find how to suppress them.

Is there a way of suppressing this popup behaviour?

Thanks, Theo

Re: how to stop popups in Methods Pane

Christopher J. Demers
"Theo Pronk" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Hi, when browsing methods using either the System or Class Browser an
> annoying "yellow info box" pops up whenever the mouse hovers over
> method names in the method pane (it also happens in the class hierarchy
> pane and some other places but isn't as annoying).
>
> I've looked though Dolphin preferences and even Windows folder view
> options but can't find how to suppress them.
>
> Is there a way of suppressing this popup behaviour?

I am not sure if there is an easier way, but if you turn off the hasInfoTips
property of the ListView in question that seems to prevent the tool tips
from displaying.  You could either make the change in the view and save it
(make a backup of the image first), or script it by setting an event to run
code that does it whenever the browser is opened.  Perhaps someone else
knows an easier way.

Chris