how to use "Shared smalltalk workspaces"?

how to use "Shared smalltalk workspaces"?

EstebanLM
Hi Sven,

I was checking http://ws.stfx.eu/ to use it as a replacement for pastebin, but I would like to just paste a chunk of code into a webbrowser instead installing the shared workspace into my image.
Is there a way to do that?

Esteban

Re: how to use "Shared smalltalk workspaces"?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 14 Mar 2013, at 13:11, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Sven,
>
> I was checking http://ws.stfx.eu/ to use it as a replacement for pastebin, but I would like to just paste a chunk of code into a webbrowser instead installing the shared workspace into my image.
> Is there a way to do that?
>
> Esteban

Well, see the very last expression at the bottom:

        http://ws.stfx.eu/1WS4U

----

ZnClient
 new
  systemPolicy;
  beOneShot;
  url: 'http://ws.stfx.eu';
  contents: Clipboard clipboardText asString;
  post.

"Don't forget to inspect this last expression to see the new key"

---

It is basically just an HTTP POST. You could even do it with curl.
There is no web interface to do this though.
I'll think about it.

Sven

PS: the code might have some bit rot in it since I didn't look at it for a long time.

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: how to use "Shared smalltalk workspaces"?

EstebanLM
Is very cool, but I'm really used to open a browser and drop the code there... I would use it a lot more if I would have a UI somewhere :)
(I know... we are all working like hell, don't worry about it, I'm just saying :P)

Esteban

On 14 Mar 2013, at 13:26, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is very cool, but I'm really used to open a browser and drop the code there... I would use it a lot more if I would have a UI somewhere :)
> (I know... we are all working like hell, don't worry about it, I'm just saying :P)

It is not a technical problem (it is actually quite easy), but more an organizational/security problem: allowing arbitrary, anonymous users to post arbitrary content (although the current API interface already allows that, but is more hidden ;-)

I'll see what I can do...

> Esteban
>
> On Mar 14, 2013, at 1:18 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 14 Mar 2013, at 13:11, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sven,
>>>
>>> I was checking http://ws.stfx.eu/ to use it as a replacement for pastebin, but I would like to just paste a chunk of code into a webbrowser instead installing the shared workspace into my image.
>>> Is there a way to do that?
>>>
>>> Esteban
>>
>> Well, see the very last expression at the bottom:
>>
>> http://ws.stfx.eu/1WS4U
>>
>> ----
>>
>> ZnClient
>> new
>> systemPolicy;
>> beOneShot;
>> url: 'http://ws.stfx.eu';
>> contents: Clipboard clipboardText asString;
>> post.
>>

>> "Don't forget to inspect this last expression to see the new key"
>>
>> ---
>>
>> It is basically just an HTTP POST. You could even do it with curl.
>> There is no web interface to do this though.
>> I'll think about it.
>>
>> Sven
>>
>> PS: the code might have some bit rot in it since I didn't look at it for a long time.
>>
>> --
>> Sven Van Caekenberghe
>> http://stfx.eu
>> Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: how to use "Shared smalltalk workspaces"?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Esteban,

On 14 Mar 2013, at 13:39, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'll see what I can do...

I added a simple web interface to create a new Shared Smalltalk Workspace to http://ws.stfx.eu

From the homepage follow the New link, http://ws.stfx.eu/new

Here is a screenshot:

I plan to add a simple 'trusted' config to make the loading of the ZnWorkspace client code a one-click experience as well.

Sven

PS: Of course, all this is running on the latest VM and 2.0 image ;-)

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu
Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: how to use "Shared smalltalk workspaces"?

EstebanLM
very cool Sven, thank you very much!

On Mar 14, 2013, at 10:08 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

Esteban,

On 14 Mar 2013, at 13:39, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'll see what I can do...

I added a simple web interface to create a new Shared Smalltalk Workspace to http://ws.stfx.eu

From the homepage follow the New link, http://ws.stfx.eu/new

Here is a screenshot:

<Screen Shot 2013-03-14 at 20.46.39.png>

I plan to add a simple 'trusted' config to make the loading of the ZnWorkspace client code a one-click experience as well.

Sven

PS: Of course, all this is running on the latest VM and 2.0 image ;-)

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu
Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: how to use "Shared smalltalk workspaces"?

stephane ducasse

From the homepage follow the New link, http://ws.stfx.eu/new

Here is a screenshot:

<Screen Shot 2013-03-14 at 20.46.39.png>

I plan to add a simple 'trusted' config to make the loading of the ZnWorkspace client code a one-click experience as well.

Sven

PS: Of course, all this is running on the latest VM and 2.0 image ;-)

;-)

Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu
Smalltalk is the Red Pill