howto reander a checkbox?

Alex Schenkman
Hi list,

I might be tired, but how can I render a checkbox?

html input
type: 'checkbox';
        checked: 'true'

Thanks!

Re: howto reander a checkbox?

Amber Milan Eskridge
[:html |
html input
type: 'checkbox';
        at: 'checked' put: 'checked'.
] appendToJQuery: 'body' asJQuery

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Alex Schenkman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi list,

I might be tired, but how can I render a checkbox?

html input
type: 'checkbox';
        checked: 'true'

Thanks!

Re: howto reander a checkbox?

Amber Milan Eskridge
actually:
html input
type: 'checkbox';
        at: 'checked' put: 'checked'.
is obviously enough.

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM, Amber Milan Eskridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
[:html |
html input
type: 'checkbox';
        at: 'checked' put: 'checked'.
] appendToJQuery: 'body' asJQuery

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Alex Schenkman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi list,

I might be tired, but how can I render a checkbox?

html input
type: 'checkbox';
        checked: 'true'

Thanks!

Re: howto reander a checkbox?

Alex Schenkman
is with: not required then to render the element?
I thought so after reading Seaside's book on the Canvas.

On Friday, May 11, 2012 1:08:47 AM UTC+2, Amber Milan Eskridge wrote:
actually:
html input
type: 'checkbox';
        at: 'checked' put: 'checked'.
is obviously enough.

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM, Amber Milan Eskridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
[:html |
html input
type: 'checkbox';
        at: 'checked' put: 'checked'.
] appendToJQuery: 'body' asJQuery

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Alex Schenkman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi list,

I might be tired, but how can I render a checkbox?

html input
type: 'checkbox';
        checked: 'true'

Thanks!

Re: howto reander a checkbox?

Amber Milan Eskridge
The Amber canvas creates the nodes immediately in the DOM. This is why you can do things like this:

| myInput |
myInput := html input element.

and use that myInput as an instance var or whatever.

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM, nicolas petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

And you can manipulate the DOM element attached to the canvas tag with jQuery:

div := html div.
div asJQuery ...

Cheers,
Nico

2012/5/13 Amber Milan Eskridge <[hidden email]>
[...]

gcambi
On May 11, 1:08 am, Amber Milan Eskridge
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> actually:
> html input
> type: 'checkbox';
>         at: 'checked' put: 'checked'.
> is obviously enough.

Hi,

Where that code could be written? I mean: if I type it in a workspace
i get an error
(html is nil and does not understand #input).

So I suppose I can type somethimg like your example code inside a
method that take html
as a parameter (like #renderOn: does).

Is this correct? Sorry for the naive question, but I am triyng to
understand a bit more
about "the magic" of that parameter ...

Gabriele.

Re: howto reander a checkbox?

Nicolas Petton
gcambi <[hidden email]> writes:

Hi!

Indeed, html rendering is done in renderOn: methods of widgets.
See the Counter class for example.

Then you can add the widget to the page with jQuery:

Counter new appendToJQuery: 'body' asJQuery

In a workspace, you can do:

[:html | html h1: 'hello world'] appendToJQuery: 'body' asJQuery

HTH,
Nico

--
Nicolas Petton