hpp headers in CAnalyzer

1 message Options

hpp headers in CAnalyzer

mainakae
This post was updated on .
Hello everybody,

Firs of all, congratulations for this excellent masterpiece you have created (Moose and surroundings), I have been just for some months playing in my spare time with smalltalk, and I have seen lots of wonders around, but this one really captures my attention.

I've ben trying to use Moose to have some degree of insight into some C++ code that my group have been working on (I'm a PhD student / researcher in the Universidad de Murcia). I've been fiddling around with inFusion and iPlasma in order to extract the model from the C++ sources. As I mainly use a Mac when working at home, I preferred to explore the srcml tool instead. The tool worked like a charm: I managed to figure out a command to run it on every source file (little different from the example line shown in moose when trying to load srcml) just by using find -exec

The problem came when I finally tried to feed those srcml files to Moose, as there where some files with '.hpp' extension that CAnalyzer wouldn't accept. I figured a workaround, actually a "chapuza" (didn't know the right word in english, but in spanish that means something close to "something you shouldn't be proud of"), by substituting every .hpp for .h (sed came in handy again), and finally CAnalyzer swallowed all the srcml files.

When debugging the errors thrown up by CAnalyzer (something like "Unable to determine the type of document") found that there was a couple of methods which actually checked the extension, that never checked for .hpp

Could it be so simple as that?, or perhaps there are deeper connotations?

Keep the good work, and congratulations one more time.

Regards,
Pedro.