html from local file

Dennis Schetinin
I'm new with Pier, so possibly it's a stupid question... But still...

I want to show a local html file on a pier page. What's the simple way to do it?

I tried to use File, but it renders it inside <pre> tag as a text files according to MAFileModel.

BTW, why halts in MAFileModel >> renderOn: and MAFileModel >> renderTextOn: html are not triggered when I open the page with the file or even add it?

Thank you in advance for all answers.

--
Dennis Schetinin

Re: html from local file

Lukas Renggli
> I want to show a local html file on a pier page. What's the simple way to do
> it?

Copy the part you want to include directly into the wiki document.

> I tried to use File, but it renders it inside <pre> tag as a text files
> according to MAFileModel.

It is problematic to include a html document into another html
document. That's probably why it is not implemented yet. I think it
could only be done through an ugly iframe in a valid way. Is that what
you want?

> BTW, why halts in MAFileModel >> renderOn: and MAFileModel >> renderTextOn:
> html are not triggered when I open the page with the file or even add it?

PRViewRenderer>>#visitFile: does some extra checks at the beginning
and in the case of a text file it skips the Magritte behavior. I
recently cleaned that up a bit, but obviously some more cleanup is
required.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: html from local file

Dennis Schetinin

I want to show a local html file on a pier page. What's the simple way to do it?

Oh, I found it's possible to use html inside a page... It's partially gives a solution, but for our project it will be more convinient to have it in an external file... at least for now... :) So if someone can offer a solution it will be highly appreciated

--
Dennis Schetinin

Re: html from local file

Dennis Schetinin
> I tried to use File, but it renders it inside <pre> tag as a text files
> according to MAFileModel.

It is problematic to include a html document into another html
document. That's probably why it is not implemented yet. I think it
could only be done through an ugly iframe in a valid way.

Right, I've got it now

Is that what you want?

I think no... Pasting works ok for now

--