htmlHelpPlatformFunction not working and needs modification....

htmlHelpPlatformFunction not working and needs modification....

Narender Sharma
Current version of htmlHelpPlatformFunction is not working and should
be modified as below...

self htmlHelpPlatformFunction
        callWith: shellWindowHandle "window handle that the help will
be associated with"
        with: helpFilePath nullTerminated "your .CHM file name"
        with: helpContextCommand
        with: aTopicId nullTerminated asInteger "the map id from the
help file"

Thanks!

Thanks!

Narender

Re: htmlHelpPlatformFunction not working and needs modification....

John O'Keefe-3
It looks like this code is clipped from the WbWindowsHTMLHelpAccessor class>>#helpFor:helpFile:topic:title:command: method -- is that right?

I think the code should be something between what is there now and what you suggest:

  self htmlHelpPlatformFunction
    callWith: shellWindowHandle "window handle that the help will be associated with"
    with: helpFilePath asPSZ "your .CHM file name"
    with: helpContextCommand
    with: aTopicId asInteger "the map id from the help file"

Using asPSZ is slightly more efficient than using nullTerminated since it will not make a copy of the string if it is already null terminated.

There is no need to null terminate aTopicId (and, in fact, it won't work since aTopicId can be nil).

What do you think?

John

Re: htmlHelpPlatformFunction not working and needs modification....

Narender Sharma
Yes, code is clipped from the WbWindowsHTMLHelpAccessor
class>>#helpFor:helpFile:topic:title:command: method and Yes, your
code will work as well. I think I had modified the platform function
call when I tried this.

Thanks for looking into this.

Thanks!

On Jun 22, 6:26 pm, John O'Keefe <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> It looks like this code is clipped from the WbWindowsHTMLHelpAccessor
> class>>#helpFor:helpFile:topic:title:command: method -- is that right?
>
> I think the code should be something between what is there now and what you
> suggest:
>
>   self htmlHelpPlatformFunction
>     callWith: shellWindowHandle "window handle that the help will be
> associated with"
>     with: helpFilePath asPSZ "your .CHM file name"
>     with: helpContextCommand
>     with: aTopicId asInteger "the map id from the help file"
>
> Using asPSZ is slightly more efficient than using nullTerminated since it
> will not make a copy of the string if it is already null terminated.
>
> There is no need to null terminate aTopicId (and, in fact, it won't work
> since aTopicId can be nil).
>
> What do you think?
>
> John

Thanks!

Narender

Re: htmlHelpPlatformFunction not working and needs modification....

John O'Keefe-3
OK, Case 48528 opened -- the fix will be in WindowBuilder Pro V8.5.

Re: htmlHelpPlatformFunction not working and needs modification....

Narender Sharma
Thanks! :)

Thanks!

Narender