http://localhost:9090/seaside/config default password

Dmitry V. Sabanin
Hey.

Disclaimer: I'm a Squeak/Smalltalk newb.

I have a dumb question, somehow I managed to _not_ enter my default
login and password when I was installing Seaside from SM. And now I
can't access seaside/config to add new applications and play with
configs.
Reinstalling Seaside didn't help, because it didn't ask me about my
login any more.

Now I wonder, if there's a way to change my login and password from
Squeak environment? I'm sure there's some kind of way and I tried
many things (like looking in the internals to find a class which is
responsible for this data and playing with many of Seaside classes),
but with no success. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and cheers!
--
Dmitry Sabanin
http://futuretrack5.com | http://sabanin.ru/en

Re: http://localhost:9090/seaside/config default password

tblanchard
I don't know how to retrieve it, but when I do something like that I
just grab a new seed image and start over.

On May 3, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Todd Blanchard wrote:

> I don't know how to retrieve it, but when I do something like that
> I just grab a new seed image and start over.
I don't need to retrieve it, simply setting another one will do the
job. Anyway thanks for an option in case I won't find the way to fix
this.

I'm still very curious of how you may change this thing? It's like a
puzzle to me and I hope solution to it will bring me some small piece
of understanding for Smalltalk or Seaside.

Any help appreciated.

--
Dmitry Sabanin
http://futuretrack5.com | http://sabanin.ru/en

Re: http://localhost:9090/seaside/config default password

Michel Bany-3

> I'm still very curious of how you may change this thing? It's like a
> puzzle to me and I hope solution to it will bring me some small piece
> of understanding for Smalltalk or Seaside.

Viewing the userid/pass of config is a FAQ.
See
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2005-March/004662.html

To set the userid/pass, evaluate the following in a workspace
    WADispatcherEditor initialize

You may want to run these pieces of code using the debugger to get the small
piece of understanding your are looking for :-)

Enjoy,
Michel.

On May 3, 2006, at 1:41 PM, Michel Bany wrote:

>> I'm still very curious of how you may change this thing? It's like
>> a  puzzle to me and I hope solution to it will bring me some small
>> piece  of understanding for Smalltalk or Seaside.
>>
> Viewing the userid/pass of config is a FAQ.
> See http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2005-March/
> 004662.html
>
> To set the userid/pass, evaluate the following in a workspace
>    WADispatcherEditor initialize
>
> You may want to run these pieces of code using the debugger to get
> the small
> piece of understanding your are looking for :-)
Aahh... Now I see! :)

Thanks a lot Michel!

--
Dmitry Sabanin
http://futuretrack5.com | http://sabanin.ru/en

Re: http://localhost:9090/seaside/config default password

cdavidshaffer
Dmitry V. Sabanin wrote:

> On May 3, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Todd Blanchard wrote:
>
>> I don't know how to retrieve it, but when I do something like that  I
>> just grab a new seed image and start over.
>
> I don't need to retrieve it, simply setting another one will do the
> job. Anyway thanks for an option in case I won't find the way to fix
> this.
>
> I'm still very curious of how you may change this thing? It's like a
> puzzle to me and I hope solution to it will bring me some small piece
> of understanding for Smalltalk or Seaside.
>
> Any help appreciated.

You can retrieve the username/password with:

(WADispatcher default entryPoints at: 'config') preferenceAt: #username
"print it"
(WADispatcher default entryPoints at: 'config') preferenceAt: #password
"print it"

Just a quick run down...requests to /seaside (by default) are sent to a
WADispatcher (usually the WADispatcher answered by "WADispatcher
default") which keeps a collection of "entry points".  These entry
points are instances of WAApplication stored in a dictionary keyed by
your application path.  So, for example, if you "explore" (menu-click
then pick "explore it") the following expression

WADispatcher default entryPoints

You should see all of your registered applications.  Feel free to
explore the applications.  Now, every seaside application keeps a list
of preferences (set on the config page).  Those preferences can be
retrieved by the #preferenceAt method and change by #preferenceAt:put:.
So, to change the password you could

(WADispatcher default entryPoints at: 'config') preferenceAt: #password
put: 'MyNewPassword'.

Hope this helps.

David

Re: http://localhost:9090/seaside/config default password

Dmitry V. Sabanin
Thanks David! Awesome write up. I can't thank you enough for this :)
You really helped me to understand an important (for me) Seaside part.

Thanks again!