http post from client application

M. Voss
Hi everybody!

Does anyone have any experience - or even example code - in sending http post requests to an external web application from an VA client application ? Currently, we are using VA Smalltalk 7.1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

dfe

Re: http post from client application

dfe
Hello Michael,

Load the Server Smalltalk [SST] - HTTP feature and check out the application SstHttpExamples.

Regards,

Diane

On Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:20:31 AM UTC-4, M. Voss wrote:
Hi everybody!

Does anyone have any experience - or even example code - in sending http post requests to an external web application from an VA client application ? Currently, we are using VA Smalltalk 7.1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

Re: http post from client application

M. Voss
Hello Diane,

thank you for the hint on checking SST features. Unfortunately, I do not see a feature named anything like HTTP. The cloeses one I found was "z.VA: Server, WebConnection for SST V 7.5.1", which does not include any "Examples" application. Is the Server Smalltalk [SST] - HTTP feature available in an ordinary development image or would I have to set up an XD image ?

Thanks
Michael

Re: http post from client application

SebastianHC
Hi Michael,

Have a look at your ConfigurationMaps Browser. Do you have a Map named:
z.ST: Server Smalltalk (SST) - HTTP ?

This should be the one you want. Try loading it or getting it via the
Load/Unload Features Tool.

Hope this helps
Sebastian

Am 07.08.2012 00:09, schrieb M. Voss:

> Hello Diane,
> thank you for the hint on checking SST features. Unfortunately, I do
> not see a feature named anything like HTTP. The cloeses one I found
> was "z.VA: Server, WebConnection for SST V 7.5.1", which does not
> include any "Examples" application. Is the Server Smalltalk [SST] -
> HTTP feature available in an ordinary development image or would I
> have to set up an XD image ?
> Thanks
> Michael

Re: http post from client application

Thomas Koschate-2
On Tuesday, August 7, 2012 3:09:26 AM UTC-4, M. Voss wrote:

thank you for the hint on checking SST features. Unfortunately, I do not see a feature named anything like HTTP. The cloeses one I found was "z.VA: Server, WebConnection for SST V 7.5.1", which does not include any "Examples" application. Is the Server Smalltalk [SST] - HTTP feature available in an ordinary development image or would I have to set up an XD image ?

I see the source of the problem.  Unfortunately, the maps that folks are suggesting you load didn't exist prior to VA 8.0.  The basic map you probably want is "Server Smalltalk - Examples V 6.0.1", but you're on your own in figuring out what prereqs to load.

Tom

dfe