http://www.cmsbox.ch/

Klaus D. Witzel
Seasiders,

may I ask, what's the technology behind cmsbox; the web site says
Smalltalk and it looks like this is based on Seaside?

If it is powered by Squeak, mind to drop me a line (what packages, etc)
for inclusion in the Weekly Squeak, thank you.

BTW: congrats for cmsbox being the choosen cms for the Junior Web Award!

- http://info.juniorwebaward.ch/?page=31

(Sorry, all pages in German).

/Klaus

Re: http://www.cmsbox.ch/

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Klaus,

CMSbox (http://www.cmsbox.ch/) is implemented with Squeak (3.9) and
Seaside (2.8).

For the Junior Web Award, see http://www.juniorwebaward.ch/ which
also is a Seaside app (btw., all content is available also in french
and italian).

Cheers,
Adrian

On Mar 14, 2007, at 11:26 , Klaus D. Witzel wrote:

> Seasiders,
>
> may I ask, what's the technology behind cmsbox; the web site says
> Smalltalk and it looks like this is based on Seaside?
>
> If it is powered by Squeak, mind to drop me a line (what packages,
> etc) for inclusion in the Weekly Squeak, thank you.
>
> BTW: congrats for cmsbox being the choosen cms for the Junior Web
> Award!
>
> - http://info.juniorwebaward.ch/?page=31
>
> (Sorry, all pages in German).
>
> /Klaus

Fwd: http://www.cmsbox.ch/

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi News Team,

CMSbox is a Squeak3.9/Seaside2.8 powered CMS which has been made available
by netstyle.ch for the Swiss marketplace (yes, there IS competition :) and
it has excellent features and already an impressive list of references.

Unfortunately the site has no English pages but if there are questions I'm
sure that Adrian will answer them.

/Klaus

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:59:47 +0100, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> CMSbox (http://www.cmsbox.ch/) is implemented with Squeak (3.9) and
> Seaside (2.8).
>
> For the Junior Web Award, see http://www.juniorwebaward.ch/ which also
> is a Seaside app (btw., all content is available also in french and
> italian).
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
>

> On Mar 14, 2007, at 11:26 , Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>
>> Seasiders,
>>
>> may I ask, what's the technology behind cmsbox; the web site says
>> Smalltalk and it looks like this is based on Seaside?
>>
>> If it is powered by Squeak, mind to drop me a line (what packages, etc)
>> for inclusion in the Weekly Squeak, thank you.
>>
>> BTW: congrats for cmsbox being the choosen cms for the Junior Web Award!
>>
>> - http://info.juniorwebaward.ch/?page=31
>>
>> (Sorry, all pages in German).
>>
>> /Klaus

RE: http://www.cmsbox.ch/

Sebastian Sastre-2
Congratulations for the results of your work!!

        cheers,

Sebastian Sastre

Re: http://www.cmsbox.ch/

Alan Capewell-3
Adrian Lienhard <adi <at> netstyle.ch> writes:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> CMSbox (http://www.cmsbox.ch/) is implemented with Squeak (3.9) and
> Seaside (2.8).
>
> For the Junior Web Award, see http://www.juniorwebaward.ch/ which
> also is a Seaside app (btw., all content is available also in french
> and italian).
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian

Adrian

This looks really good.

I'm in the process of migrating my web site to Pier. Is there any relationship
between the two and are there any plans to opensource cmsbox.

What are the advantages/disadvantages?

Regards

Alan

Re: Re: http://www.cmsbox.ch/

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Alan,

On Mar 14, 2007, at 14:52 , Alan Capewell wrote:

> This looks really good.
>
> I'm in the process of migrating my web site to Pier. Is there any
> relationship
> between the two and are there any plans to opensource cmsbox.

There is no direct relationship between the two. CMSbox is a hosted
service and we don't have plans to opensource it.

> What are the advantages/disadvantages?

... compared to Pier? Well, they are very different, so its hard to
compare them. CMSbox is about editing your web site in a very
different way than with other content management systems (including
Pier). We want to make WYSIWYG come true.

Cheers,
Adrian

RE: Fwd: http://www.cmsbox.ch/

Ron Teitelbaum