http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/ ?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Juan

I think

   http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/

is very incomplete.

I suggest to add a note that you are you are rearranging things.

Regards

Hannes

Re: http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/ ?

Juan Vuletich-4
On 7/30/2013 11:27 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:

> Hello Juan
>
> I think
>
>     http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/
>
> is very incomplete.
>
> I suggest to add a note that you are you are rearranging things.
>
> Regards
>
> Hannes

Good idea. Thanks.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/ ?

garduino
What do you think about install a cms or wiki to have a collaborative place to the community? A waste of time?

El miércoles, 31 de julio de 2013, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> escribió:
> On 7/30/2013 11:27 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:
>>
>> Hello Juan
>>
>> I think
>>
>>     http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/
>>
>> is very incomplete.
>>
>> I suggest to add a note that you are you are rearranging things.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Hannes

> Good idea. Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino
www.arduinosoftware.com

Re: http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/ ?

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Germán,

On 7/30/2013 11:08 PM, Germán Arduino wrote:
> What do you think about install a cms or wiki to have a collaborative
> place to the community? A waste of time?

Not at all! Especially if you volunteer to set it up :)

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

On 7/30/2013 11:04 PM, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> On 7/30/2013 11:27 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:
>> Hello Juan
>>
>> I think
>>
>>     http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/
>>
>> is very incomplete.
>>
>> I suggest to add a note that you are you are rearranging things.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Hannes

> Good idea. Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Enhanced it a little bit.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/ ?

Hannes Hirzel
Juan,

what I meant was just that on

    http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/

there should be a note that it is work in progress and that people should go to

    http://www.jvuletich.org

in the meantime.

This is because  http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/ shows up on top of the
search list in a search engine if you search for

   Cuis Smalltalk

So people may not so easily find http://www.jvuletich.org which
contains the real information at this moment.

--Hannes

bpi

Re: http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/ ?

bpi
Hi all,

A great possibility is to use GibHub Pages http://pages.github.com inside the repository. Like that everyone can easily contribute using pull requests. A big advantage IMO.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Am 31.07.2013 um 04:19 schrieb Juan Vuletich:

> Hi Germán,
>
> On 7/30/2013 11:08 PM, Germán Arduino wrote:
>> What do you think about install a cms or wiki to have a collaborative place to the community? A waste of time?
>
> Not at all! Especially if you volunteer to set it up :)
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Re: http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/ ?

garduino
Hi Juan:

I was thinking in use the GitHub pages, as Bernhard suggest, as a quick option, but to setup a CMS (specially one that I know [*] is not a big deal).

I can setup it (or any other that we can agree (and that I know :) ) and administer it, but I can not add the contents, of course.

[*] I use CMSMadeSimple (http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/), is really simple and easy to setup and use and is SEO friendly, an important feature in our days.

On 7/31/2013 1:44 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:

> Juan,
>
> what I meant was just that on
>
>      http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/
>
> there should be a note that it is work in progress and that people should go to
>
>      http://www.jvuletich.org
>
> in the meantime.
>
> This is because  http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/ shows up on top of the
> search list in a search engine if you search for
>
>     Cuis Smalltalk
>
> So people may not so easily find http://www.jvuletich.org which
> contains the real information at this moment.
>
> --Hannes

I see. But is making http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org have the same info as
http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis ok? If not, why?

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/ ?

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Folks,

I just created http://cuis-smalltalk.github.io/ that is at the repo
https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk.github.io . I used the
automatic generator, and only wrote one sentence asking for
contributions :) . So please start sending pull requests.

When it is good enough, I can redirect www.cuis-smalltalk.org here.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

On 7/31/2013 6:46 AM, Bernhard Pieber wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A great possibility is to use GibHub Pages http://pages.github.com inside the repository. Like that everyone can easily contribute using pull requests. A big advantage IMO.
>
> Cheers,
> Bernhard
>
> Am 31.07.2013 um 04:19 schrieb Juan Vuletich:
>
>> Hi Germán,
>>
>> On 7/30/2013 11:08 PM, Germán Arduino wrote:
>>> What do you think about install a cms or wiki to have a collaborative place to the community? A waste of time?
>> Not at all! Especially if you volunteer to set it up :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Juan Vuletich

Re: http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/ ?

Angel Java Lopez
+1

GitHub pages are GOOODD! ;-) I guess they can be forked, and everyone can contribute to them, even adding issues

There are many static files site generators from difference source, like .md files, etc... I see dynamic blogs as github pages. Comments are added using Disqus

More details

On 7/31/13, Angel Java Lopez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> GitHub pages are GOOODD! ;-) I guess they can be forked, and everyone can
> contribute to them, even adding issues
>
> There are many static files site generators from difference source, like
> .md files, etc... I see dynamic blogs as github pages. Comments are added
> using Disqus
>
> More details
> http://erjjones.github.io/blog/How-I-built-my-blog-in-one-day/
>

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1 !
>>

>> 2013/7/31 Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]>
>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> I just created
>>> http://cuis-smalltalk.github.**io/<http://cuis-smalltalk.github.io/>that
>>> is at the repo
>>> https://github.com/Cuis-**Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk.**github.io<https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk.github.io>.
>>> I used the automatic generator, and only wrote one sentence asking for
>>> contributions :) . So please start sending pull requests.
>>>
>>> When it is good enough, I can redirect www.cuis-smalltalk.org here.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Juan Vuletich

>> --
>> Saludos / Regards,
>> Germán Arduino
>> www.arduinosoftware.com

Re: http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/ ?

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Folks,

The attaches are the proposals for a logo for Cuis, by Andrea Austoni
and by David Tennant. I asked Andrea specifically not to use a rodent...
David just sent his. Maybe we can use one of them, or even both. I tend
to think that the logo shouldn't be a rodent, or any animal. I like
David's, and it could be our a mascot. What do I mean? Not really sure,
but I think the logo will be small, and will appear in many places (for
example, as an icon, etc) while the mascot will appear less, mainly
rendered in bigger size in the web page.

In any case, here they are. Feel free to use them (or not) on your
proposals for www.cuis-smalltalk.org. And please share thoughts, ideas,
etc. here.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

CuisLogo-DavidTennant.png (15K) Download Attachment
CuisSmalltalk-AndreaAustoni.svg (29K) Download Attachment

Re: http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/ ?

garduino
Thanks!

I like the green no-rodent from Andrea.

2013/8/1 Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]>
[...]

I like the non-rodent  as well. It has a certain elegance. However it
seems a bit 'unbalanced', so  would  like to see variations of that
idea. Stronger line, variations in length,  more like the letter c and
so one....

--HH