http://www.logowiki.net

Stéphane Ducasse-3
:)
read the about :)

Re: http://www.logowiki.net

tblanchard
Pretty cool - the spiral produced a browser hang in safari.

I also edited the syntax page to recommend span tags with styles for
producing colored text - the font tag is deprecated in modern HTML. :-)

On Apr 18, 2006, at 11:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> :)
> read the about :)

Re: http://www.logowiki.net

Hans N Beck
Hi,

reallly coool :-) Very nice, the right thing for my son ;-).
It's true, the spiral causes Safari blocking

Regards

Hans

Am 19.04.2006 um 08:40 schrieb Todd Blanchard:

> Pretty cool - the spiral produced a browser hang in safari.
>
> I also edited the syntax page to recommend span tags with styles for
> producing colored text - the font tag is deprecated in modern
> HTML. :-)
>

> On Apr 18, 2006, at 11:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> :)
>> read the about :)

Re: http://www.logowiki.net

Philippe Marschall
2006/4/19, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
> :)

Is it intended that anyone can remove pages?

Re: http://www.logowiki.net

Cees De Groot
Could be cool, but what browser does it need? It doesn't do a thing on
my Firefox 1.0.7 nor on IE 6.0...

On 4/19/06, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> :)
> read the about :)

Re: http://www.logowiki.net

Philippe Marschall
2006/4/19, Cees De Groot <[hidden email]>:
> Could be cool, but what browser does it need? It doesn't do a thing on
> my Firefox 1.0.7 nor on IE 6.0...

AFAIK it uses <canvas>, this only works on Firefox >= 1.5, Safari 2
(should be in KHTML but I'm not sure) and Opera 9. It can be emulated
for IE (PlotKit does that) although it doesn't look like it is done.

Cheers
Philippe

RE: http://www.logowiki.net

Hans Baveco
On IE 6.0 the "Run" button is hidden near the left-bottom corner of the light-blue field, but you see a hand appear (and the balloon-help) when you hoover over it with the cursor. (the invisible Save and Reset buttons are under the left-bottom corner of the logo-code view). Though hidden, the buttons work OK

Hans

Could be cool, but what browser does it need? It doesn't do a thing on my Firefox 1.0.7 nor on IE 6.0...

On 4/19/06, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> :)
> read the about :)

Re: http://www.logowiki.net

Giuliano Mega-2
I guess I inadvertently messed with the spiral page, sorry guys. :-(
I tried to modify the logo code to see what happens and, when I
clicked "run", it seems that my changes were commited. I never though
I'd be saving changes by clicking run. Oh well.

I'm very sorry for that. As if it weren't enough that I'm not helping
with anything.

Giuliano

On 4/19/06, Baveco, Hans <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On IE 6.0 the "Run" button is hidden near the left-bottom corner of the light-blue field, but you see a hand appear (and the balloon-help) when you hoover over it with the cursor. (the invisible Save and Reset buttons are under the left-bottom corner of the logo-code view). Though hidden, the buttons work OK
>
> Hans

Giuliano Mega <[hidden email]>

Re: http://www.logowiki.net

Colin Putney

On Apr 19, 2006, at 2:40 AM, Todd Blanchard wrote:

> Pretty cool - the spiral produced a browser hang in safari.

There was a syntax error in the logo, and our error handling isn't
terribly robust yet. Fixed now. We'll see how long it stays that way.

Colin

Re: http://www.logowiki.net

Colin Putney

On Apr 19, 2006, at 10:15 AM, Giuliano Mega wrote:

> I guess I inadvertently messed with the spiral page, sorry guys. :-(
> I tried to modify the logo code to see what happens and, when I
> clicked "run", it seems that my changes were commited. I never though
> I'd be saving changes by clicking run. Oh well.

Not to worry. Changes are only committed when you click "Save".

Colin

Re: http://www.logowiki.net

stéphane ducasse-2
Hi colin

this is nice to see a cool use of pier.
Just out of curiosity how the animation are done

I noticed that sometimes clicking on a button brings me to smallthought.

> On Apr 19, 2006, at 2:40 AM, Todd Blanchard wrote:
>
>> Pretty cool - the spiral produced a browser hang in safari.
>
> There was a syntax error in the logo, and our error handling isn't
> terribly robust yet. Fixed now. We'll see how long it stays that way.
>
> Colin

Re: http://www.logowiki.net

Colin Putney

Hi Stéphane,

> this is nice to see a cool use of pier.
> Just out of curiosity how the animation are done

Drawing is done using the <canvas/> tag in Safari and Firefox. For
IE, <canvas/> is emulated using VML.

We implemented the logo interpreter in the browser, using Javascript.
The tricky part is slowing down the drawing so that you can see the
logo program execute. Javascript has no sleep(), so we used
window.setTimeout().

> I noticed that sometimes clicking on a button brings me to
> smallthought.

Odd. Which button is that?

Colin

Re: http://www.logowiki.net

Giuliano Mega
> Not to worry. Changes are only committed when you click "Save".

You might want to double check that. I just performed the following test:

1) changed something silly and clicked run;
2) asked a friend of mine who was in another machine to reload the page.

My changes were instantly visible to him.

Regards,

--
Giuliano Mega <[hidden email]>

Re: http://www.logowiki.net

Philippe Marschall
It seems to be down, which is a pity. It's also referenced by a post.
http://www.ethanzuckerman.com/blog/?p=824

BTW, can the code be downloaded somewhere?

Philippe

2006/4/19, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
> :)
> read the about :)

Re: http://www.logowiki.net

Colin Putney

On Jun 5, 2006, at 6:58 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> It seems to be down, which is a pity. It's also referenced by a post.
> http://www.ethanzuckerman.com/blog/?p=824

Oops. That's fixed now.

> BTW, can the code be downloaded somewhere?

Mostly. The only modifications to the server are stylesheets and a
hack to make preformatted text render as the logo editor. The logo
interpreter is written entirely in Javascript, so you can download it
any time. Also, it can run on any web page, not just wiki pages. If
you want to play with it, just stick the following snippet into a web
page and open it in a browser.

<script src="http://www.logowiki.net/resources/js/Reader.js"></script>
<script src="http://www.logowiki.net/resources/js/Evaluator.js"></
script>
<script src="http://www.logowiki.net/resources/js/Scheduler.js"></
script>
<script src="http://www.logowiki.net/resources/js/Turtle.js"></script>
<script src="http://www.logowiki.net/resources/js/Painter.js"></script>
<script src="http://www.logowiki.net/resources/js/Sprite.js"></script>
<script src="http://www.logowiki.net/resources/js/Transcript.js"></
script>
<script src="http://www.logowiki.net/resources/js/Logo.js"></script>
<script>window.onload = function() {Logo.initialize()}</script>
                        <canvas class="logo-screen" width="300" height="200"></canvas>
                        <textarea class="logo-code" id="code1" rows="15" cols="30">
cs
repeat 6 [fd 20 rt 60]
                        </textarea><br />
                        <a class="logo-run" href="javascript:void(0)">run</a>
                        <a class="logo-reset" href="javascript:void(0)">reset</a>

Re: Re: http://www.logowiki.net

keith1y

  Error: There is no free space in this set!

I got this error when attempting to add a page

any ideas?

Keith