https from within Gemstone

Nick
Hi,

I've a Seaside application I'm hoping to deploy in Gemstone. Within the application I create an HTTPS connection to Paypal. In Pharo I'm currently testing this functionality using the Curl plugin. Is there an HTTPS library in Gemstone offering equivalent functionality?

Thanks

Nick

Re: https from within Gemstone

SeanTAllen
There is no equivalent at this time.

When we deployed a similar application that needed to make https calls,
we proxied it through a webserver on 127.0.0.1 like

http our_paypal -> PROXY -> https real_address

you can also use stunnel but as we were already running a proxying webserver,
the extra part seemed like overkill.

if you search the archives, you will find a more in depth explanation
of the proxying
via nginx that we did.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've a Seaside application I'm hoping to deploy in Gemstone. Within the
> application I create an HTTPS connection to Paypal. In Pharo I'm currently
> testing this functionality using the Curl plugin. Is there an HTTPS library
> in Gemstone offering equivalent functionality?
> Thanks
> Nick

Re: https from within Gemstone

Nick
Thanks for the pointers.
BTW is there an easy way to search the list archives as it's password protected?