https requests from seaside with client certificate

https requests from seaside with client certificate

Kai-Uwe Pielka
Hello dear seasiders,

first thanks for the great seaside tool.

I plan to use seaside to develop a proxy to SAP's new Business By
Design software. This software can be accessed by https requests. But
it requires a client certificate to be provided by https client. This
means that seaside has to provide the client certificate if it makes
https requests to the SAP tool.

I'm using the newest seaside pharo image from seaside.st

I investigated the cryptography package but it seems that this does
not support client certificates.

Is there any possibility to support client certificates in https
requests that are sent from seaside to a https server? Unfortunately
I'm neither a seaside nor a cryptography expert.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Kai-Uwe

Re: https requests from seaside with client certificate

Philippe Marschall
2009/12/21 Kai-Uwe Pielka <[hidden email]>:

> Hello dear seasiders,
>
> first thanks for the great seaside tool.
>
> I plan to use seaside to develop a proxy to SAP's new Business By Design
> software. This software can be accessed by https requests. But it requires a
> client certificate to be provided by https client. This means that seaside
> has to provide the client certificate if it makes https requests to the SAP
> tool.
>
> I'm using the newest seaside pharo image from seaside.st
>
> I investigated the cryptography package but it seems that this does not
> support client certificates.
>
> Is there any possibility to support client certificates in https requests
> that are sent from seaside to a https server? Unfortunately I'm neither a
> seaside nor a cryptography expert.

If the CurlPlugin [1] doesn't support it then you probably need to use
OSProcess to invoke curl or wget directly.

 [1] http://www.squeaksource.com/CurlPlugin.html

Cheers
Philippe

Re: https requests from seaside with client certificate

Julian Fitzell-2
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Philippe Marschall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2009/12/21 Kai-Uwe Pielka <[hidden email]>:
>> Hello dear seasiders,
>>
>> first thanks for the great seaside tool.
>>
>> I plan to use seaside to develop a proxy to SAP's new Business By Design
>> software. This software can be accessed by https requests. But it requires a
>> client certificate to be provided by https client. This means that seaside
>> has to provide the client certificate if it makes https requests to the SAP
>> tool.
>>
>> I'm using the newest seaside pharo image from seaside.st
>>
>> I investigated the cryptography package but it seems that this does not
>> support client certificates.
>>
>> Is there any possibility to support client certificates in https requests
>> that are sent from seaside to a https server? Unfortunately I'm neither a
>> seaside nor a cryptography expert.
>
> If the CurlPlugin [1] doesn't support it then you probably need to use
> OSProcess to invoke curl or wget directly.

Or possibly use stunnel running on the Seaside server to encrypt and
pass on your requests.

Julian

Re: https requests from seaside with client certificate

Kai-Uwe Pielka
Hello Philippe and Julian,

thanks for pointing me to the curl approach. This works. I used the following command line:

curl --cert <ClientCertificate>.p12:<CertificatePassword> --cert-type P12 --cookie-jar cjar -d @sap.xml -H "Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8" 'https://<UserAtSAPSystem>:<Password>@<SAPServer>/<WebServiceURI>

@sap.xml file contains the soap call XML.

Best Regards,
Kai-Uwe