huge security problem with pier

sergio_101-2
i don't want to document this on the list, just so no one accidentally
finds it via google...

but if you don't know what it is, please email me privately at:

sergio (dot) rrd (at) gamil (dot) com

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: huge security problem with pier

Tudor Girba
Hi Sergio,

Thank you for announcing us and for taking care of the security issue by not posting it on the mailing list. Indeed, this looks like a problem that a newbie in Pier would do.

Cheers,
Doru

On 27 Jan 2011, at 07:23, sergio_101 wrote:

> i don't want to document this on the list, just so no one accidentally
> finds it via google...
>
> but if you don't know what it is, please email me privately at:
>
> sergio (dot) rrd (at) gamil (dot) com
>
> thanks!
>
> --
> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> http://www.CodingForHire.com
> http://www.coffee-black.com
> http://www.painlessfrugality.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

www.tudorgirba.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: huge security problem with pier

sergio_101-2
> Thank you for announcing us and for taking care of the security issue by not posting it on the mailing list. Indeed, this looks like a problem that a newbie in Pier would do.

actually, i don't know that i would consider it a newbie issue, as i
am getting lots of reports of people finding this problem on their
sites. in my opinion, it should be documented on the pier site..

--
----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: huge security problem with pier

Tudor Girba
I agree. My wording could have been better. I just wanted to point out that it should be a common problem.

Cheers,
Doru

On 27 Jan 2011, at 17:55, sergio_101 wrote:

>> Thank you for announcing us and for taking care of the security issue by not posting it on the mailing list. Indeed, this looks like a problem that a newbie in Pier would do.
>>

> actually, i don't know that i would consider it a newbie issue, as i
> am getting lots of reports of people finding this problem on their
> sites. in my opinion, it should be documented on the pier site..
>

> --
> ----
> peace,
> sergio