iCal Chronos for Pharo 5 => OSProcess

cedreek
Hi all,

I’m trying to load the iCal package from the catalog. It is available on smalltalkhub.
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~pdebruic/iCal

It has some problem (installation fails) but the package is not tagged as Pharo5. Plus it seems to use OSProcess. I’m trying to avoid to load OSProcess as I use OSSubprocess (probably for Chronos ?).

Any idea on what I can do ?
(I’d like to install/evaluation iCal vCard and Chronos)

Thanks for any help,

Cheers,

Cédrik

Re: iCal Chronos for Pharo 5 => OSProcess

Paul DeBruicker
Hi Cédrick,

The iCal load fails or it puts up a warning that you must load some other classes (e.g. OSProcess) first before loading other definitions?

The OSProcess use in the iCal package it pretty minimal and would be easy to split out into a separate package if you were motivated to port iCal to OSSubProcess.

As for Chronos, I'm not positive but am pretty sure that OSProcess is only used for generating the Chronos time zone rules from the olson time zone db files.

So I'd guess both iCal and Chronos will work fine for testing purposes without porting anything to OSSubProcess and just skipping the load of the OSProcess parts.

Hope this helps

Paul

Cédrick Béler wrote

Cédrik

Re: iCal Chronos for Pharo 5 => OSProcess

cedreek
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information. I’ll give a try.

Cheers,

Cédrik

> Le 13 juil. 2016 à 20:51, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi Cédrick,
>
> The iCal load fails or it puts up a warning that you must load some other
> classes (e.g. OSProcess) first before loading other definitions?
>
> The OSProcess use in the iCal package it pretty minimal and would be easy to
> split out into a separate package if you were motivated to port iCal to
> OSSubProcess.
>

> As for Chronos, I'm not positive but am pretty sure that OSProcess is only
> used for generating the Chronos time zone rules from the olson time zone db
> files.
>
> So I'd guess both iCal and Chronos will work fine for testing purposes
> without porting anything to OSSubProcess and just skipping the load of the
> OSProcess parts.
>

> Hope this helps
>
> Paul
>

> Cédrick Béler wrote
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I’m trying to load the iCal package from the catalog. It is available on
>> smalltalkhub.
>> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~pdebruic/iCal
>>
>> It has some problem (installation fails) but the package is not tagged as
>> Pharo5. Plus it seems to use OSProcess. I’m trying to avoid to load
>> OSProcess as I use OSSubprocess (probably for Chronos ?).
>>
>> Any idea on what I can do ?
>> (I’d like to install/evaluation iCal vCard and Chronos)
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Cédrik

Re: iCal Chronos for Pharo 5 => OSProcess

cedreek
Hi again,

I’ve loaded all required packages I think, tests do not pass.

Main errors comes from AnsiStandardCalendarClock that cannot be found.

Does someone know how to solve that ?
I think I’ve loaded all chronos packages.

Cheers,

Cédrik

> Le 14 juil. 2016 à 15:51, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for the information. I’ll give a try.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cédrik
>

>> Le 13 juil. 2016 à 20:51, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Cédrick,
>>
>> The iCal load fails or it puts up a warning that you must load some other
>> classes (e.g. OSProcess) first before loading other definitions?
>>
>> The OSProcess use in the iCal package it pretty minimal and would be easy to
>> split out into a separate package if you were motivated to port iCal to
>> OSSubProcess.
>>

>> As for Chronos, I'm not positive but am pretty sure that OSProcess is only
>> used for generating the Chronos time zone rules from the olson time zone db
>> files.
>>
>> So I'd guess both iCal and Chronos will work fine for testing purposes
>> without porting anything to OSSubProcess and just skipping the load of the
>> OSProcess parts.
>>

>> Hope this helps
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> Cédrick Béler wrote
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I’m trying to load the iCal package from the catalog. It is available on
>>> smalltalkhub.
>>> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~pdebruic/iCal
>>>
>>> It has some problem (installation fails) but the package is not tagged as
>>> Pharo5. Plus it seems to use OSProcess. I’m trying to avoid to load
>>> OSProcess as I use OSSubprocess (probably for Chronos ?).
>>>
>>> Any idea on what I can do ?
>>> (I’d like to install/evaluation iCal vCard and Chronos)
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help,
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Cédrik

Re: iCal Chronos for Pharo 5 => OSProcess

Paul DeBruicker
How did you load Chronos?

Cédrick Béler wrote
Hi again,

I’ve loaded all required packages I think, tests do not pass.

Main errors comes from AnsiStandardCalendarClock that cannot be found.

Does someone know how to solve that ?
I think I’ve loaded all chronos packages.

Cheers,

Cédrik

> Le 14 juil. 2016 à 15:51, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for the information. I’ll give a try.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cédrik
>

>> Le 13 juil. 2016 à 20:51, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Cédrick,
>>
>> The iCal load fails or it puts up a warning that you must load some other
>> classes (e.g. OSProcess) first before loading other definitions?
>>
>> The OSProcess use in the iCal package it pretty minimal and would be easy to
>> split out into a separate package if you were motivated to port iCal to
>> OSSubProcess.
>>

>> As for Chronos, I'm not positive but am pretty sure that OSProcess is only
>> used for generating the Chronos time zone rules from the olson time zone db
>> files.
>>
>> So I'd guess both iCal and Chronos will work fine for testing purposes
>> without porting anything to OSSubProcess and just skipping the load of the
>> OSProcess parts.
>>

>> Hope this helps
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> Cédrick Béler wrote
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I’m trying to load the iCal package from the catalog. It is available on
>>> smalltalkhub.
>>> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~pdebruic/iCal
>>>
>>> It has some problem (installation fails) but the package is not tagged as
>>> Pharo5. Plus it seems to use OSProcess. I’m trying to avoid to load
>>> OSProcess as I use OSSubprocess (probably for Chronos ?).
>>>
>>> Any idea on what I can do ?
>>> (I’d like to install/evaluation iCal vCard and Chronos)
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help,
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Cédrik

Re: iCal Chronos for Pharo 5 => OSProcess

cedreek
Hello,

It’s getting better.

I loaded the last configuration (ConfigurationOfChronos-PaulDeBruicker.54).
It loads ok, and the constant AnsiStandardCalendarClock is well initialized this time.

Then I load iCal (not through the configuration that loads OSProcess for I think CommandShell).
(First I loaded HTTPAPIClient through configuration without problem)

Then I loaded in that order:
ICal-Core-PaulDeBruicker.16
Ical-znurl-PaulDeBruicker.2
ICal-Tests-PaulDeBruicker.9
ICalChronos-PaulDeBruicker.8
(no magritte)
ICal-HTTPAPIClient-PaulDeBruicker.1

Then I run tests.

Several problem because of mainly :
ICToDo>>resetAlarmTimes

Some other methods are missing:
ICJob>>hasAlarms

Do you have an idea why these methods are missing ?

If I implement them:

ICJob>>resetAlarmTimes
self alarms: OrderedCollection new.
=> 171 tests pass instead of 132.

ICJob>>hasAlarm
^ self alarms isNotEmpty
=> no change, still 171 passes, 12 errors and 3 failures.

Some identified problems:

isRelatedToStart is implemented in ICTrigger not in ICAlarm  (several errors on that one)
=> not sure how to implement it. I tried:

ICAlarm>> is RelatedToStart  (did the same with isRelatedToEnd)
^ self trigger isRelatedToStart

True and False do not implement asIcalBooleanString

I implement in True (and False) so that to return ’TRUE’ (or ‘FALSE) - *ICal-Core extension

asIcalString is not implement in ScaledDecimal (but in Float and Number).
- I don’t know pushing the method up is ok or if it has to be implemented again in ScaledDecimal (I did that)
- and implementing class side fromICalString (still Ical-Core extension ?)
ScaleDecimal class>>fromICalString: aString
^ self readFrom: aString
=> now 6 errors left

TimeOfDay epoch (not implemented)
=> not sure
TimeOfDay class >>epoch
"{TimeOfDay epoch}"
^AnsiStandardCalendarClock epoch

Also error that seems details (I have a look this afternoon):

"The resource that defines the ruleset for the VariableOffsetTimezone identified by 'Europe/Berlin' is not accessible. »
I think this is because I don’t load OSProcess

A test error where an expected string is not exactly the same:
expected := 'FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=MO,2TU'.
rule asICalString =>  "FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=2TU,MO"
etc...

Final state:

Do I push the changes I made ?

Cheers,

Cédrik

Le 14 juil. 2016 à 22:04, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :

How did you load Chronos?

Cédrick Béler wrote
Hi again,:

I’ve loaded all required packages I think, tests do not pass.

Main errors comes from AnsiStandardCalendarClock that cannot be found.

Does someone know how to solve that ?
I think I’ve loaded all chronos packages.

Cheers,

Cédrik

Le 14 juil. 2016 à 15:51, Cédrick Béler &lt;

cdrick65@

&gt; a écrit :

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information. I’ll give a try.

Cheers,

Cédrik

Le 13 juil. 2016 à 20:51, Paul DeBruicker &lt;

pdebruic@

&gt; a écrit :

[...]

I uploaded a new version of the iCal-Core package and iCal-Tests package that should fix most of the issues shown below.  I didn't realize I wiped out the #resetAlarms method and also some others with overrides.

Hope this gets you on your way

Paul

Re: iCal Chronos for Pharo 5 => OSProcess

cedreek
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update, it solves most of the issues.

I have 2 errors left because of Chronos missing epoch method in TimeOfDay
TimeOfDay class >> epoch
"{TimeOfDay epoch}"
^AnsiStandardCalendarClock epoch

=> Is it correct or this method comes form another package ?

Now (with epoch implemented), there are 3 failures and 2 errors left
`

- For the 3 failures (the 2 export ones seems to be expected as it is said in the test "This test may FAIL because of Dictionary ordering »):

#testWeekDays is because of a recurrence rule printing.
the expected string is : 'FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=MO,2TU
and we get: 'FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=2TU,MO'

The byday rule does not preserve chronologic order (the collection is a Set). Is it necessary ?

- The 2 errors are related to timezone.
For instance with this message: "The resource that defines the ruleset for the VariableOffsetTimezone identified by 'Pacific/Wallis' is not accessible. »
This is probably because of OSProcess not being installed.
Do you have any idea where I have to look to try to use OSSubprocess instead ?

Cheers (it’s enough anyway now so that I can use iCal and Chronos),

Cédrik

Le 15 juil. 2016 à 22:09, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi Cédrick,

I uploaded a new version of the iCal-Core package and iCal-Tests package
that should fix most of the issues shown below.  I didn't realize I wiped
out the #resetAlarms method and also some others with overrides.

Hope this gets you on your way

Paul

Re: iCal Chronos for Pharo 5 => OSProcess

Paul DeBruicker
Cédrick Béler wrote
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update, it solves most of the issues.

I have 2 errors left because of Chronos missing epoch method in TimeOfDay
TimeOfDay class >> epoch
        "{TimeOfDay epoch}"
        ^AnsiStandardCalendarClock epoch

=> Is it correct or this method comes form another package ?
That seems fine.   I did not install Chronos for the fixes I uploaded.  The epoch should just return Jan 1 1901 00:00:00.00000   in whatever "Time" class you're using

Cédrick Béler wrote
Now (with epoch implemented), there are 3 failures and 2 errors left
`

- For the 3 failures (the 2 export ones seems to be expected as it is said in the test "This test may FAIL because of Dictionary ordering »):

#testWeekDays is because of a recurrence rule printing.
the expected string is : 'FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=MO,2TU’
and we get: 'FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=2TU,MO'

The byday rule does not preserve chronologic order (the collection is a Set). Is it necessary ?
I don't know the spec (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2445.txt) to know whether the ordering is necessary.  I would guess not as that rule means repeat every monday and every other tuesday.

Cédrick Béler wrote
- The 2 errors are related to timezone.
For instance with this message: "The resource that defines the ruleset for the VariableOffsetTimezone identified by 'Pacific/Wallis' is not accessible. »
This is probably because of OSProcess not being installed.
Do you have any idea where I have to look to try to use OSSubprocess instead ?
Chronos uses its own time zone rules that are derived from the Olson time zone database.  You only need OSProcess if you want to generate the time zone rules from Olson files.  You likely just need to put the time-zones directory from this repo  https://github.com/pdebruic/ChronosTimeZones next to your image so Chronos can find its time zone rules in its normal way.

Cédrick Béler wrote

PastedGraphic-7.png (40K) <http://forum.world.st/attachment/4906821/0/PastedGraphic-7.png>